Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:26:52 pm

Author Topic: Studying Help  (Read 2134 times)

jozzl

• Trailblazer
  • woo? lets do this??
  • Respect: 0
Studying Help
« on: October 15, 2016, 12:21:45 pm »
I just wanted to know is it best I start studying for the exams that are going to be later than sooner as its better to study the sooner ones closer to date? or
I have the next week off of the HSC and I just want to know what exam to tackle first and most accurately!
Sorry i didnt know where else to ask this!
(my exams go ancient, entertainment, religion, society all in the same week and then visual arts)
* HSC subjects *
Advanced English || Ancient History || Society and Culture | Entertainment VET || Studies of Religion 1|| Visual Arts ||

ATAR Goal: 86.5 - 2D/3D Animation at UTS

jakesilove

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Synergising your ATAR potential"
  • Respect: +196
Re: Studying Help
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 12:24:59 pm »
I just wanted to know is it best I start studying for the exams that are going to be later than sooner as its better to study the sooner ones closer to date? or
I have the next week off of the HSC and I just want to know what exam to tackle first and most accurately!
(my exams go ancient, entertainment, religion, society all in the same week and then visual arts)

Hey! If you have an entire week off, and then all of your exams in quick succession, I would probably be studying for all of your exams. Focus on your more difficult exams, and the exam that is first, a tiny bit more than you other subjects, but honestly I would spend about equal time on all of them.
ATAR: 99.80

Mathematics Extension 2: 93
Physics: 93
Chemistry: 93
Modern History: 94
English Advanced: 95
Mathematics: 96
Mathematics Extension 1: 98

Studying a combined Advanced Science/Law degree at UNSW

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 12:26:36 pm »
I also had a full week between English and my next exams. I chose to do something like this.

For the first day, I just ignored the one right after and instead tended towards those at the end. This was to ensure that when the time came for those I'd still have enough knowledge stored for use later.

Then gradually over the next two days I shifted to the more recent ones for obvious reasons. That way I could do what's rational, but also remain consistent with my pattern of study

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 12:28:18 pm »

Hey hey!! In my opinion, it is best to study in order, so you should start studying for Ancient first (if you haven't already). Put focus on the exams that will be first immediately, then slowly introduce your other subjects while still working on Ancient.

By Friday/Saturday before Ancient, you should be working on everything except VA. Then do Ancient on Sunday, Entertainment on Monday night after your exam, then do Religion on Wednesday and Society and Culture on Thursday night. All of those are last minute revision things, you should have worked on them all already over the next 7 days! ;D

Then you have a whole four days to study for VA, studying for that now would not be efficient use of time in my opinion :) as you can see, everyone is slightly different, work with what is good for you! :)

jozzl

• Trailblazer
  • woo? lets do this??
« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 02:01:29 pm »
+1
Thank you all so much for your help! I'm going to start in order as Ancient is for me, the most diffcult and see If i can incorporate the later exams into the breaks inbetween ancient. That way im taking on all your advice here!
 ;D
* HSC subjects *
Advanced English || Ancient History || Society and Culture | Entertainment VET || Studies of Religion 1|| Visual Arts ||

ATAR Goal: 86.5 - 2D/3D Animation at UTS

Dragomistress

• Trendsetter
  • School: James Ruse Agricultural High School
  • School Grad Year: 2018
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2016, 07:00:50 am »
Yep, I would also agree to do it in order from first to last.