Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 06:01:40 pm

Author Topic: AOS - The Tempest (Miranda)  (Read 1168 times)

elizag

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
AOS - The Tempest (Miranda)
« on: October 15, 2017, 11:11:09 am »
Hey,
In the rubric it states "Discoveries may be questioned or challenged when viewed from different perspectives and their worth may be reassessed over time"
How would this relate to Miranda in the Tempest? Aside her initial shock and questioning when she discovers that Prospero was the Duke of Milan
Thank you!

sajochi

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: AOS - The Tempest (Miranda)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2017, 11:57:57 am »
+1
I guess you could have Miranda's discovery of love within Ferdinand, and then Prospero seeing this from a very negative perspectivee at first.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 01:07:49 pm by sajochi »

sudodds

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • "Seize the means of the HSC" ~ Vladimir Lenin
  • Respect: +931
Re: AOS - The Tempest (Miranda)
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2017, 01:05:18 pm »
+2
Hey,
In the rubric it states "Discoveries may be questioned or challenged when viewed from different perspectives and their worth may be reassessed over time"
How would this relate to Miranda in the Tempest? Aside her initial shock and questioning when she discovers that Prospero was the Duke of Milan
Thank you!
Hey! Been a while since I studied this text (literally a year wow that seems so crazy to me), but from what I remember Miranda lived a very isolated life, with her father Prospero, and Caliban (an individual who attempted to rape her) being the only men (or really people in general) who she knows. Thus, when she meets Ferdinand she is given a new perspective as to what humanity really encompasses!
FREE HISTORY EXTENSION LECTURE - CLICK HERE FOR INFO!

2016 HSC: Modern History (18th in NSW) | History Extension (2nd place in the HTA Extension History Essay Prize) | Ancient History | Drama | English Advanced | Studies of Religion I | Economics

ATAR: 97.80

Studying a Bachelor of Communications: Media Arts and Production at UTS 😊

Looking for a history tutor? I'm ya girl! Feel free to send me a PM if you're interested!