Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:42:29 pm

Author Topic: Idea for creative writing  (Read 990 times)

aadharmg

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Idea for creative writing
« on: November 23, 2017, 09:37:33 pm »
+1
So I am generally a very indecisive person when it comes to English, creative writing specifically. I can never settle on a story idea, but thats not even the problem. The problem is that whilst I am not an uncreative person, I can think of absolutely nothing when it comes to creative. And even if I do get an idea, it will be bizarre and there will be no way of linking it to the AOS. I want to know how I can change this aspect about me and quickly get on with preparing a story that I can develop over time. Thanks.

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
  • Respect: +302
Re: Idea for creative writing
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2017, 11:02:33 pm »
So I am generally a very indecisive person when it comes to English, creative writing specifically. I can never settle on a story idea, but thats not even the problem. The problem is that whilst I am not an uncreative person, I can think of absolutely nothing when it comes to creative. And even if I do get an idea, it will be bizarre and there will be no way of linking it to the AOS. I want to know how I can change this aspect about me and quickly get on with preparing a story that I can develop over time. Thanks.

I totally feel ya! I would suggest trying out different ideas and seeing where they take you. Maybe you could even write one a day, as I did for a little bit in term 2 (leaving me with several potential HSC creatives) so that you can see which ones are easiest to write and manipulate. Creativity is heaps of trial and error really so don't feel pressured to produce gold everytime.
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Idea for creative writing
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 12:35:42 am »
Very much agree with above, I reckon you should just start writing the stories that come to your mind! Having a draft of the story would make it easier for you to either go;

"Oh, this works well - I'll keep working on this."

or...

"Nah, this is no good. Buuuut this specific part of it could work somewhere else..."

I think running with your ideas for at least a little bit is always a good thing ;D