Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:36:20 am

Author Topic: 'spiritual discoveries'  (Read 2411 times)

annn1e

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
'spiritual discoveries'
« on: January 15, 2018, 10:51:39 pm »
Could anyone identify spiritual discoveries in the tempest/define spiritual discoveries in general please, thank you

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
Re: 'spiritual discoveries'
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2018, 11:07:19 pm »
+3
Hi, annn1e.

I didn't study "The Tempest", so I'm just going to be discussing the general idea of spiritual discoveries. I'm going to split this into two main areas: role and significance.

Role
Spiritual discoveries aren't something we can necessarily see; it's the internal motivator and serves to initiate new discoveries within the metaphysical realm. It often has connotations towards religion, being able to conform to a certain societal role, or simply being able to find our identity through finding who we are. The blurb of this book does a good job at explaining the role spiritual discoveries have on us, and what it means to be 'spiritually active'.

Significance
The significance of this is far-reaching and transformative; it begins to change our habits. When you're in a zone that is difficult to comprehend through human experiences, these new experiences you face play an integral part to the way we can sometimes think: of ourselves and those around us. It begins to shift our focus towards the ideas that exist purely abstractly -- things that are difficult for us to explain.

fatima_t

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: 'spiritual discoveries'
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 08:58:45 am »
Hey, for my essay I talked about the fact that because the characters were stripped from their positions that they were able to go through a spiritual discovery. I assume that the spiritual discovery would be in terms of Prospero when he decides to abandon his magic and return to Europe.