Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:31:58 pm

Author Topic: How are we going to deal with the transition to new syllabi?  (Read 1122 times)  Share 

spicspec

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
How are we going to deal with the transition to new syllabi?
« on: March 14, 2018, 04:42:55 pm »
I'm honestly worried about the new syllabus and how we're going to deal with it. A lot of the resources on this and website are going to become dated or, at the very least, not as relevant as they were before.
Most worrying to me is the lack of past papers because previous students have told me how important they were.
What resources would you recommend, particularly for prelim English and Chemistry?

The Special One

• Forum Obsessive
  • Do not touch the great one
  • Respect: -14
Re: How are we going to deal with the transition to new syllabi?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 04:50:44 pm »
The same way we all did everytime the syllabus changed lol.

Nothing much too it, I think you're overthinking it no need to panic.
Bachelor of Laws @ Monash (2nd year)

Feel free to PM me about anything, happy to give advice about school and/or uni.

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 05:52:41 pm »
+1
I'm honestly worried about the new syllabus and how we're going to deal with it. A lot of the resources on this and website are going to become dated or, at the very least, not as relevant as they were before.
Most worrying to me is the lack of past papers because previous students have told me how important they were.
What resources would you recommend, particularly for prelim English and Chemistry?

Hi...

Welcome to the forum!  ;)
Unfortunately, you are very correct in that there will be limited resources for the syllabus change. However, remember that everyone will be in the same boat!

I'm not sure of any specific resources at this stage, but keep your eyes open for new articles and threads for the new syllabus here on ATAR Notes! Depending on the content of the new syllabus, perhaps some of the old resources may still be relevant in some areas?

Hopefully some others may know of some good resources. :)
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 06:09:14 pm »
+4
Hey spicspec!!

Rest assured that the ATAR Notes team has been busy preparing for the new syllabi since we got the first glimpses at it. Fortunately in some cases, even where the syllabus has changed, it sometimes resembles the current one. So it's not like every tutor and teacher is going in blind, thankfully! Of course, you might study some subjects that don't have a syllabus change, so everything here will be as handy as ever.

As for past papers...I was the first year group to study Discovery for Area of Study. Yes, the questions from previous years could be used as a "guide" about what to expect even though they focused on a different area of study. But, teachers across the state worked hard to create practice discovery papers and they began popping up online pretty frequently throughout the year.

And of course, also remember that everyone is in the same boat! :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!