Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 09:37:16 pm

Author Topic: CREATIVE WRITING  (Read 733 times)

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
CREATIVE WRITING
« on: March 29, 2018, 12:15:42 pm »
Hi! So I have decided that my creative writing will be about a mother and her daughter. If you could tell me what you think about my initial concept that would be very appreciated!
- Basically, I want to write a heartfelt discovery story where this woman’s mother is so larger than life and has all this talent and popularity - but write it from the perspective of her daughter who greatly admires her but lives in her shadow
- I used the ‘theme’ of ballet to hold my ideas together and to use the pointe shoe as a metaphor for the beauty on the outside but the deformity on the inside

Thank you so much!  :)
2018 HSC

talitha_h

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: CREATIVE WRITING
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2018, 08:17:33 pm »
Hi! So I have decided that my creative writing will be about a mother and her daughter. If you could tell me what you think about my initial concept that would be very appreciated!
- Basically, I want to write a heartfelt discovery story where this woman’s mother is so larger than life and has all this talent and popularity - but write it from the perspective of her daughter who greatly admires her but lives in her shadow
- I used the ‘theme’ of ballet to hold my ideas together and to use the pointe shoe as a metaphor for the beauty on the outside but the deformity on the inside

Thank you so much!  :)

Hello!

Your idea sounds good so far!

I'd say start drafting the types of discovery you'll explore- will you have multiple? What will the impacts of the discoveries be? Always refer back to the discovery rubric if you are unsure.
Also think about the setting/time-period this will be setting this in.
Think about the point of view you will write in. You could do first person and switch between the mother and daughter? just an idea
Remember you don't have to write a short story it could be a monologue, letter/s, diary entries etc

Just some starting points, hope this helps!
ARTEXPRESS 2019