Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 06:23:19 pm

Author Topic: Can I have the discovery at the end of a creative?  (Read 981 times)

Asereta

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: GRC Penshurst
  • School Grad Year: 2018
Can I have the discovery at the end of a creative?
« on: July 06, 2018, 01:18:13 pm »
I've written a creative but I don't think the discovery happens until the end. The story's more impactful that way. However, I was wondering if I could show the effects of the discovery before the actual discovery, but without revealing it to the responder until the end?

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
Re: Can I have the discovery at the end of a creative?
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2018, 01:27:57 pm »
+2
Hey, Asereta.

You should really aim to have your discovery ideas clear throughout the entire piece. Otherwise, markers will interpret it as a 'forced' discovery. But as long as the process of discovery is clear throughout your piece, you can have the discovery revealed at the end. Just make sure the subtleties aren't lost in ambiguity when you're showing these effects of discovery. :)

So essentially, don't have the discovery component only at the end. You could build up to that moment, and then reveal it if that makes sense haha.

S200

• Part of the furniture
  • Yeah well that happened...
  • Respect: +244
Re: Can I have the discovery at the end of a creative?
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2018, 02:12:53 am »
Hey, Asereta.

You should really aim to have your discovery ideas clear throughout the entire piece. Otherwise, markers will interpret it as a 'forced' discovery. But as long as the process of discovery is clear throughout your piece, you can have the discovery revealed at the end. Just make sure the subtleties aren't lost in ambiguity when you're showing these effects of discovery. :)

So essentially, don't have the discovery component only at the end. You could build up to that moment, and then reveal it if that makes sense haha.
If this doesn't make sense, read some Alistair Maclean.
to quote a random individual...

Maclean hit's you with everything but the kitchen sink. And then the kitchen sink. And while you are digesting that, he throws the plumber down after it...
Carpe Vinum

\(\LaTeX\) - \(e^{\pi i }\)
#ThanksRui! - #Rui\(^2\) - #Jamon10000

5233718311 :D