Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 09:15:14 am

Author Topic: Thesis  (Read 577 times)  Share 

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
Thesis
« on: October 14, 2018, 06:25:12 pm »
I have a thesis for discovery, but I was wondering if anyone recommends having a thesis for each of my 3 modules as well. In trials I didn't have them, but I managed to get 90% overall regardless. So I don't think it's crucial that I have them, but what do you reckon? Also, would it make it easier to answer the question if I had a broad thesis for each??

Thanks  :)
2018 HSC

headsup

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +53
Re: Thesis
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2018, 06:34:43 pm »
Hey!

I strongly recommend an overall thesis and a thesis for each idea or paragraph.
A thesis is the foundation of your essay. It structures your agruement. Your thesis will help the marker determine what your essay is about and how you are responding to the question.

My teacher and tutor always said that often your mark is decided by the time the marker has read the thesis and intro. Not saying they will not change there mind while marking but they do have 100s of others to mark so make yours stand out!!!

Although it is not technically essential and considering the closeness of the exams and the great marks (better than I got so maybe don't listen to me  :) ) it may be best to stick to how you have been doing it. However every mark helps in the end!!!

As always. ATVVVB!!!
So close to the end!!!!
MY SCHEDULE
18th - English P1
19th - English P2
25th - Mathematics
29th - Modern History
30th - Mathematics extension one
2nd - Business Studies
7th - Economics
9th - D&T
10th - DONE!!!
14th - Turn 18!!
15th - green P's!

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
Re: Thesis
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2018, 07:13:31 pm »
Ok cool! I'm definitely going to have one for discovery and transitions, however I think for my other 2 modules I might just have a brief idea of a thesis.

This is my thesis that I just adapted to a question for discovery, would I be able to get anyone's opinions on it??

An individual’s provocative discovery can challenge their preconceived perspectives, leading to a transformation of their perceptions of themselves and the world. This transformation is often attained after they surpass the ramifications of the confronting nature of their discovery, which fundamentally leads to new perceptions. This is presented in Ang Lee’s film, ‘The Life of Pi’, as well as George Orwell’s narrative essay, ‘Shooting an Elephant’, both of which explore how an individual’s shocking discovery has the ability to challenge their understanding of themselves and society.
2018 HSC