Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 26, 2024, 01:38:13 am

Author Topic: English Questions  (Read 377 times)

Julmus00

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +6
English Questions
« on: October 15, 2018, 12:15:36 pm »
Hi everyone, was wondering if someone could answer a few general questions:

I have been practicising my essays under timed conditions, and there is notable issues with the timing, in this regard would it be okay
to just not have a conclusion? OR a very short sentence?? I'm pretty much just repeating myself in the conclusion, and it would eat up time for my next essay... or do markers always want to see conclusions?? I should try and have one, but just thibking worst case scenario if there isn't enough time in the exam.

Also, in trying to make my essays shorter, would it be better to have less textual evidence and more analysis??

Thank you!! Sincerely, a very stressed out HSC english student  ;D ;D ;D

holky

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +20
Re: English Questions
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2018, 01:16:44 pm »
+2
Hey,
So I think you definitely need some sort of conclusion, even if it is just one sentence (Though, when I went to Emily's English lecture before trials, she said she wrote one sentence conclusions in her HSC exam and she got a perfect 100 so..) But you should definitely have at least that sentence if you run out of time to write a full conclusion.
Also, to get your essay shorter - less textual evidence and more analysis is not a bad way to go. I have had essays with like four quotes that got full marks or just off of full marks because I analysed the quotes I had to death
Having ten quotes isn't going to help you get marks if they're just there and aren't analysed
Find your own quote/analysis balance, because what works for some isn't necessarily going to work for others.

English Advanced  English Extension 1 Modern History CAFS Music 1 Drama

Mathematics 84