Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:22:19 pm

Author Topic: Human Experience Creative Help  (Read 3370 times)  Share 

samuelboy2002

• Fresh Poster
  • yea
  • Respect: 0
Human Experience Creative Help
« on: January 09, 2019, 09:39:44 pm »
I have no ideas for a human experience creative.

Does any one have the slightest idea of where I can start or what I can draw inspiration from, i am struggling.

Please comment if you have any ideas that can help! Cheers.

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Human Experience Creative Help
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2019, 10:11:04 pm »
+1
Hey, samuelboy2002!

Creative writing should be best drawn from your own interests and what inspires you. All my creative writings in Prelim and HSC English had musical elements in some way or another because that was what inspired me. I had a friend who wrote her creative writing on gaming because that was what she was interested in and was comfortable writing about. It really depends on what you will be motivated to write about and that's something you have to find yourself  8)

Since you don't seem to have any ideas yet, I would suggest looking at some past Band 6 responses in the AN Notes section. Although the previous module 'Discovery' is slightly different from 'Texts and Human Experiences', you can see what kind of topics people have written about in the past. You can check them out here!

You could also draw inspiration from the rubric itself and your prescribed text for the module if you are really stuck. Identify parts of the rubric that resonate with your understanding of what it means to be human and let that guide your response. Your prescribed text has also been chosen for a reason, having various aspects of the human experience explored in them. You could select one to be a major theme or value in your own creative writing. For example, if you have The Crucible or 1984, you could look at human instincts and sexuality as a key part of being human, forming a character that embodies that. On a different note, you could deem the social commentary and political agendas in Go Back To Where You Came From or Waste Land to be a way to ignite readers' understandings on human experiences and compose a creative writing with a similar genre, setting or message. This can be the best way to get something rolling and then you may find yourself figuring out that it's not right and you will know exactly what you want to do  :)

It's okay to not know what you want to do with your creative writing because it is subject to change throughout the year as you engage more deeply into the course. As long as you have something you want to say, a grasp of how you should approach it and commence brainstorming ideas as soon as you do, you will power through it  8) If you have any further questions, do chuck them in this thread and I'll be happy to assist  :D Good luck with it and happy writing  ;D
« Last Edit: January 09, 2019, 10:12:38 pm by angewina_naguen »
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Human Experience Creative Help
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2019, 10:11:33 pm »
+2
Hey! On top of the great advice above, let me link you to this guide on Creative Writing. It is for the old syllabus, but let me point you to a few things:

- It's full of good advice
- There are some cool prompts in the middle

The big thing though is write what you know. So I'd do this, think about what makes you you, what defines why you think/act the way you do. You've been shaped by experiences and decisions you've made - Those are things you understand well and so can form a great creative with some extrapolation. It doesn't have to be an exact match, you might go, "Well this happened to me, but I can make it more interesting/dramatic by involving this other thing..." and it grows from there ;D

Writing from personal experiences is always a great start - If not, going to experiences of close family/friends that you've observed is a good backup. If you've seen it, or been through it yourself, you'll understand it better :) good luck!!