Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 07:11:48 pm

Author Topic: 🙏SOR 1: How Would I Approach This Assignment?🙏  (Read 5113 times)  Share 

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
🙏SOR 1: How Would I Approach This Assignment?🙏
« on: November 29, 2019, 07:43:41 pm »
Hi Everyone! ;D

I am doing SOR I and for my first HSC assessment task I have to create a podcast assessing this statement:

"The importance of Interfaith Dialogue making specific reference to 3-4 current examples"

I was just wondering what kinds of structure, points and information I should include/ do to gain higher band levels? ;D

Also, has anyone got good advice regarding 'Interfaith Dialogue' and what could I say or do with this question to get into the higher bands (Band 6)? ;D

Thanks in advance,
Coolmate 8)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

therese07

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +17
Re: 🙏SOR 1: How Would I Approach This Assignment?🙏
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2019, 09:48:26 pm »
+1
Hi there!

I hope I can be good help, but the way I would set this up would be the following:
Intro: explain what interfaith dialogue is (what is it? why is it important in Australia and why should we maintain it? you can talk about how in a multicultural society such as Australia, there are bound to be misunderstandings and clashes in belief through religious faith, so we need interfaith dialogue to develop greater mutual understanding between religious traditions). If you want to reach that higher marks and show deeper understanding, you can mention the limitations of interfaith dialogue. Some limitations include controversies in which some differences cannot be overlooked (ensure to include some examples as well!) . So, in a way, you're able to evaluate the importance of interfaith dialogue, exactly what the syllabus states and how HSC wants you to approach this question.

In terms of the information you should add, I would say add a range of examples, with different religious traditions coming together at different time periods. For example, churches, synagogues and mosques in Sydney held frequent visits to pray for peace and express unity when commemorating 9/11 back in 2001. This same sense of unity happened in the 2014 Lindt Cafe Sydney Hostage, where they all prayed for peace for the "mass of civil disturbance". Some other examples for interfaith dialogue include Colombian Centre for Christian-Muslim Relations and NSW Council of Christians & Jews if you want to look into it!

If you want a specific structure to how to approach analysing these examples, this can be
1. Identify example + briefly explain the event and the religious traditions involved
2. Link to how this event emphasised the importance of interfaith dialogue (how did the events promote a sense of unity between different religious traditions? what did the different religious traditions do in this times of crisis? How did this raise awareness)
3. How does this event show what interfaith dialogue is capable of doing? How did this 'better' the relationship between the religions? (what goals did the interfaith dialogue fulfil? This could be interfaith dialogue established respect and greater appreciation between each religion, which is essential for desired peace and tranquility, demonstrating its importance) 

For concluding, I would state how interfaith dialogue has helped better the image of Australia (more of this = more peace and harmony = greater tolerance towards different religious traditions, and how interfaith dialogue has not only developed openness through the acknowledgement of different beliefs, but also recognised in Australian Society how prominent pluralism is. Thus, this alteration of the relationship of different religious traditions thereby widens the shared and core values). Ensure to give your own judgement on the importance of interfaith dialogue.

I hope this could be of help and good luck with your assignment! Feel free to message if you need more help or if my explanation isn't clear enough (hopefully it makes sense  :) )

2020: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Law @ Macquarie University

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
Re: 🙏SOR 1: How Would I Approach This Assignment?🙏
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 09:54:59 pm »
Hi there!

I hope I can be good help, but the way I would set this up would be the following:
Intro: explain what interfaith dialogue is (what is it? why is it important in Australia and why should we maintain it? you can talk about how in a multicultural society such as Australia, there are bound to be misunderstandings and clashes in belief through religious faith, so we need interfaith dialogue to develop greater mutual understanding between religious traditions). If you want to reach that higher marks and show deeper understanding, you can mention the limitations of interfaith dialogue. Some limitations include controversies in which some differences cannot be overlooked (ensure to include some examples as well!) . So, in a way, you're able to evaluate the importance of interfaith dialogue, exactly what the syllabus states and how HSC wants you to approach this question.

In terms of the information you should add, I would say add a range of examples, with different religious traditions coming together at different time periods. For example, churches, synagogues and mosques in Sydney held frequent visits to pray for peace and express unity when commemorating 9/11 back in 2001. This same sense of unity happened in the 2014 Lindt Cafe Sydney Hostage, where they all prayed for peace for the "mass of civil disturbance". Some other examples for interfaith dialogue include Colombian Centre for Christian-Muslim Relations and NSW Council of Christians & Jews if you want to look into it!

If you want a specific structure to how to approach analysing these examples, this can be
1. Identify example + briefly explain the event and the religious traditions involved
2. Link to how this event emphasised the importance of interfaith dialogue (how did the events promote a sense of unity between different religious traditions? what did the different religious traditions do in this times of crisis? How did this raise awareness)
3. How does this event show what interfaith dialogue is capable of doing? How did this 'better' the relationship between the religions? (what goals did the interfaith dialogue fulfil? This could be interfaith dialogue established respect and greater appreciation between each religion, which is essential for desired peace and tranquility, demonstrating its importance) 

For concluding, I would state how interfaith dialogue has helped better the image of Australia (more of this = more peace and harmony = greater tolerance towards different religious traditions, and how interfaith dialogue has not only developed openness through the acknowledgement of different beliefs, but also recognised in Australian Society how prominent pluralism is. Thus, this alteration of the relationship of different religious traditions thereby widens the shared and core values). Ensure to give your own judgement on the importance of interfaith dialogue.

I hope this could be of help and good luck with your assignment! Feel free to message if you need more help or if my explanation isn't clear enough (hopefully it makes sense  :) )

Thankyou so much therese07! ;D ;D This is so awesome, thanks for the assistance, I appreciate it! ;D ;D
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5