Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 06:02:33 pm

Author Topic: Help: Visual essay on vertigo  (Read 1455 times)  Share 

tscgrad2020-ms

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Help: Visual essay on vertigo
« on: February 07, 2020, 09:25:40 am »
For my first English Task for the Common Module
we have to do a visual essay that communicates your understanding of the impact of
beliefs on human experiences via the text on Vertigo by Amanda Lohrey and another supporting text.

I'm doing Identity and Self-Discovery with Grief as a supporting topic.
Im trying to think of what supporting texts I should use, in which all I have got at the moment is 'Looking for Alibrandi' and 'Does my head look big in this?'

I am also trying to find quotes to support my topics

Any help will be appreciated!!!!
« Last Edit: February 07, 2020, 11:02:40 am by PhoenixxFire »

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Help: Visual Essay on Vertigo
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2020, 11:18:26 am »
+2
For my first English Task for the Common Module
we have to do a visual essay that communicates your understanding of the impact of
beliefs on human experiences via the text on Vertigo by Amanda Lohrey and another supporting text.

I'm doing Identity and Self-Discovery with Grief as a supporting topic.
Im trying to think of what supporting texts I should use, in which all I have got at the moment is 'Looking for Alibrandi' and 'Does my head look big in this?'

I am also trying to find quotes to support my topics

Any help will be appreciated!!!!

Hey, tscgrad2020-ms!

Welcome to the forums! I love where you're thinking of heading with the assessment. I think Looking for Alibrandi would make a fantastic related text because it not only shares similarities with themes to the prescribed text but also because it's a film which grants you some variety in your technical analysis. I'd definitely recommend using it if you were tossing up between this and the other text!

I'd only advise avoiding doing self-discovery because it sounds a little too much like something you would find for the old syllabus' AOS "Discovery" and might end up straying from Texts and Human Experiences. Perhaps consider looking at relationships as a theme because it complements nicely with identity and can allow you to base your paragraphs around individual and collective human experiences more directly!

As for quotes, I haven't studied the text myself but you can start off with some of these quotes here  :) You could also check out our further reading resources thread to get inspired! There are some great articles for Vertigo that might help spark some ideas for your essay arguments and lead you back to important scenes from the text that you could analyse in more depth. Hope this helps!

Angelina  ;D

-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music