Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:54:12 am

Author Topic: Please help!!!!!!!! Stressed about atar!!!!  (Read 1766 times)

annie1224

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Please help!!!!!!!! Stressed about atar!!!!
« on: August 18, 2020, 08:42:35 pm »
Hi guys, this is my first post,

Now, I personally would be suppperrr happy with any atar above 95+, but for the course I want to get into, unfortunately, a 95 just doesn't hit the mark.

I'm a little nervous because I did terribly in certain subjects for trials and need to know if I can get into USYD or UNSW Law with these internal marks (I go to a top 10 school):

Eng adv: 96π/100 (Ranked between 1-20/150)
Eng Ext 1: 47/50 (Ranked around 30/95)
Eng Ext 2: 48/50 (Ranked 1)
Maths advanced: 65/100 (Shocking, I know) (Ranked like 90/94)
Modern History: 94/100 (Ranked like 4/25)
Economics: 82/100 (Ranked like 35/54)

In the real hsc, i will probably maintain my english and history marks as they are. Given I can maybe fix maths and eco in the hsc, i think the highest i could possibly get overall for maths is probably a 75/100 (internals and hsc combined) and maybe scrape an 88/100 in economics overall with hsc included.

Do you think i have a chance at USYD or UNSW Law?? I think I could maybe get an 80+% in the LAT?

Can anyone give some advice and what they think? I also qualify for EAS and am applying for that.

Thanks guys!

xcgeo

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Please help!!!!!!!! Stressed about atar!!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2020, 04:58:01 pm »
+2
I think you should be fine for UNSW Law, as long as you get a strong LAT score (80+ percentile would be fine, I reckon 80% + score may get that). I'm currently studying Law at UNSW - I received a 98.85 ATAR and 91st percentile (top 9%) LAT score. However, I know people who only got 2 band 6s and are studying here - though I don't know their LAT scores.

There are some tips floating around the internet for LAT, and a guide on ATARNotes somewhere, which I used as my bible for the LAT, and Art of Smart Education has 3 youtube videos. Scoring well in LAT should comfortably get you in - I would really focus on nailing this - its super important!

I would definitely try and boost economics if possible, or maths, just to secure it a bit more.

maxineee

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: +1
Re: Please help!!!!!!!! Stressed about atar!!!!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2020, 02:26:19 pm »
+1
Well done! It's looking like most of your subjects are going super solid. I think you'd definitely be competitive for Law if you can do well in LAT.

I do agree your Maths score is looking a little shaky... that should definitely be your target before HSC! David Sadler is actually running an online seminar and Q&A session for HSC Maths on 1 Oct. I'd 100% recommend, David Sadler is amazing. If you don't already know who he is, he actually wrote quite a few of the Cambridge maths textbooks! He was also the head maths teacher at Syd Grammar so he definitely knows his stuff lol

You can check it out here! eventbrite.com.au/e/117820820245