Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 07:44:10 am

Author Topic: What kinda textbooks - physical or digital?  (Read 3111 times)

HappyPotato

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
What kinda textbooks - physical or digital?
« on: November 22, 2020, 11:39:59 am »
Do you recommend physical or digital textbooks
Please give pros and cons
« Last Edit: November 24, 2020, 05:18:17 pm by HappyPotato »

dedformed

• Trendsetter
  • Don't be upsetti. Eat some spaghetti.
  • Respect: +135
Re: Help With Subject Selection *URGENT (kinda)*
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 04:06:26 pm »
+2
Hello bean,

I'm no course counsellor but here's my two cents anyway.

Most people's perception of what they want to do in uni changes numerous times throughout VCE and it's not certain that the person you are now will be the same person that graduates from year 12. Also doing a subject you won't continue isn't really a bad thing, so if you like accounting, then go for that - you never know where it will take you. Every subject brings with it new insights.

If not accounting, could consider doing a different subject (such as an arts -viscom, media, art etc - or humanities - legal studies, sociology, philosophy, etc) to give more variety to your course. It seems like you've got a good mix there with French and Maths, but a little science could be fun too, even if you don't do it later. Also if you pick up a science (like Chemistry or Biology) it may even broaden your scopes in University in case you change your mind later down the track.

If you want to do something completely different, you could do Extended Investigation or uni extension (you'll have to check if you're eligible with various unis). They're a bit out of the box and will make your experience unique (pun intended).

And ofc, there's VSV if you're really keen on glopo
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 04:11:28 pm by dedformed »
Lying in a Hammock at William Duffy's Farm in Pine Island, Minnesota
VCE 2021 - ATAR 98.85
my vce journal!

offering tutoring for English Language 3&4;)