Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:41:37 am

Author Topic: A few questions post UCAT  (Read 3345 times)

KenW

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
A few questions post UCAT
« on: July 14, 2021, 02:49:40 pm »
Hey y'all, so I did the UCAT today. I gave it all and came out with a score which I am hopeful can push me over the 90 percentile mark.
I got a 600 in VR, 820 in DM, 870 in QR, 870 in AR and a 633 in SJT. The VR and SJT scores are kinda bad, so, does that ruin my chances at any Uni's in Australia?
Also, during my QR section, my computer froze about 1/3 in through the section, and I had to raise my hand up to call out for support. The IT guy fixed my laptop and reset it, but I ended up losing a minute. It threw me off a bit, but I soldiered. through the section and the test. After the UCAT, they asked me to contact the support website if I wanted to.
Idrc about getting extra grades in QR, since I got close to full marks, and I definitely do not want to resit the UCAT, so should I email them to send the support ticket with the chances of getting them to explain my situation to Unis, or should I just say idgaf and ignore it?
Class of 2021
2022-2026: BMedSc/M.D @ Monash

fun_jirachi

• MOTM: AUG 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • All doom and Gloom.
  • Respect: +710
Re: A few questions post UCAT
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2021, 02:58:00 pm »
+1
I'm pretty sure a lot of universities disregard SJT in their assessment of your UCAT score and only consider the first four as a whole ie. they just look at the 3160 total for the first four sections that you got. Some universities may place benchmarks and/or add weighting to certain sections, but it's important that you do your due research as to which universities do this and on which sections (usually SJT, since it's not looked at by most). Long story short possibly? But you should check up on the particular unis that this applies for.

If you want to argue for more marks go for it. Just be wary of as you say, resitting the UCAT; if that happens I'm pretty sure you can just revert to your current mark (don't quote me on this). It's likely the ticket would reach them and they'd do nothing regardless. You've done really well anyway :)

Well done on your results!
Spoiler
HSC 2018: Mod Hist [88] | 2U Maths [98]
HSC 2019: Physics [92] | Chemistry [93] | English Adv [87] | 3U Maths [98] | 4U Maths [97]
ATAR: 99.05

UCAT: 3310 - VR [740] | DM [890] | QR [880] | AR [800]
Guide Links:
Subject Acceleration (2018)
UCAT Question Compilation/FAQ (2020)
Asking good questions

KenW

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +4
Re: A few questions post UCAT
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2021, 08:48:39 pm »
+2
Thanks for your kind advice post and pre UCAT. I gave it my all and I'm proud of how I did. I think I'll just take my score and not make a fuss about it, since the problem occurred in a section which I absolutely smashed. I'll do my research, but hopefully I've got a better shot at more Universities now :)
Class of 2021
2022-2026: BMedSc/M.D @ Monash