Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:23:53 am

Author Topic: NEW Updated Math Advanced Syllabus "CONFUSION!!!"  (Read 2607 times)  Share 

luke.harris64

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
NEW Updated Math Advanced Syllabus "CONFUSION!!!"
« on: August 27, 2021, 08:22:10 pm »
Hey! Can someone please clarify what the go is with the new syllabus? My head math teacher said that the course now incorporates extention 1 material (2.5 units instead of 2). What topics should I be studying?? Does this mean I need to be learning the 3 unit course???

fun_jirachi

• MOTM: AUG 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • All doom and Gloom.
  • Respect: +710
Re: NEW Updated Math Advanced Syllabus "CONFUSION!!!"
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2021, 11:40:02 pm »
+1
Welcome to the forums ;D

The go with the new syllabus is what is in the new syllabus. There should be no tricks. The course should incorporate no Extension 1 material from the new syllabus; if your head teacher mentioned that it's likely that they mean material from the old Extension 1 course. You do not need to do anything your teacher does not tell you to do to pass the subject, though if you're interested or just want extra practice it's important you do your own exploration either outside the syllabus or with extra resources. Study everything in your syllabus, you won't have to know anything outside it (for the purposes of the exam). I should be correct (unless I'm missing something - could be extra context, recent news, but I doubt it); if I'm mistaken I'm happy to be shown the extra information that proves me wrong :)
Spoiler
HSC 2018: Mod Hist [88] | 2U Maths [98]
HSC 2019: Physics [92] | Chemistry [93] | English Adv [87] | 3U Maths [98] | 4U Maths [97]
ATAR: 99.05

UCAT: 3310 - VR [740] | DM [890] | QR [880] | AR [800]
Guide Links:
Subject Acceleration (2018)
UCAT Question Compilation/FAQ (2020)
Asking good questions