Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 08:05:30 pm

Author Topic: VCE English Exam 2021 - Discussion, Questions, Potential Responses  (Read 8807 times)

Mackenzie Aps

• Forum Regular
Re: VCE English Exam 2021 - Discussion, Questions, Potential Responses
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2021, 05:20:18 pm »
Hi, actually just found the whole exam, it was posted by The Age.
https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/jitters-eased-as-vce-students-sail-through-very-fair-english-exam-20211027-p593gz.html
So my problem is that I didn't refer to the background script / box at the start of the question in my analysis, how many marks will I stand to lose. I have been strong in English all year with A/A+ sacs (from private boys school with strong cohort, I reckon I may sit above average with these SAC marks).  Assuming I get reasonable marks in Section A and B, what would the consequence of omitting this reference in Section C and would I still be able to get a 40+ SS?

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2021, 08:09:41 pm »
https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/jitters-eased-as-vce-students-sail-through-very-fair-english-exam-20211027-p593gz.html
So my problem is that I didn't refer to the background script / box at the start of the question in my analysis, how many marks will I stand to lose. I have been strong in English all year with A/A+ sacs (from private boys school with strong cohort, I reckon I may sit above average with these SAC marks).  Assuming I get reasonable marks in Section A and B, what would the consequence of omitting this reference in Section C and would I still be able to get a 40+ SS?

I think as long as you mentioned the author's name, audience, source, basic context/issue you should be fine since that would be the same as addressing the background information, even if you didn't exactly quote it.

S_L1003

• Adventurer
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2021, 08:35:05 pm »

hey idk exactly what u did or if my teacher is right but she did say that its probably best not to directly quote it but just show an understanding of context so maybe its good you didn't quote it? sry idk if this is helpful

Mackenzie Aps

• Forum Regular
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2021, 10:31:58 pm »
H
hey idk exactly what u did or if my teacher is right but she did say that its probably best not to directly quote it but just show an understanding of context so maybe its good you didn't quote it? sry idk if this is helpful
Hope so, i still haven't recovered from this error on my part, an shattered my hard work all year with good SAC grades. Fingers crossed I might still get an A and a 40 SS

Mackenzie Aps

• Forum Regular
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2021, 09:08:28 am »
Devastated that error as some pointed out may not have been a big issue, was, all my A+'s for SAC's is what carried me across the line, but the error (forgetting the second box.article points) cost me dearly - in fact that dropped me down to a B+ in my exam.  All that hard work through the year to maintain A+s to end up with a low exam score and low SS of 36.  It also cost me getting the ATAR I need for majority of courses I listed.