HSC Stuff > HSC Subjects + Help

The Possibility of a Band 6 in chemisty?

(1/2) > >>

annaconda:
Hello all,

Chemistry is on next week, and to put my mind at ease, what will I have to get in the HSC to get a band 6?

I'm currently rank 2/10 at my school with an internal of 83 (bombed my trials). I know that assessment marks get moderated, so what will I have to get in the exam to bump my final mark into the 90's? For additional information, I think rank 1 has internals of 87/88/89. (I've also read Jamon's article on scaling)

I've been doing past papers, and I have been geting low 90's. If I were to score that high in the actual HSC (touch wood), would my internal mark be pushed up to align more the the HSC mark, with respect to mark distribution to the rest of my chem cohort at my school? The lowest mark in the class is low 40's????

Also, another thing which has been causing me great stress is why is my student number only eight digits, where the boxes has allocated spaces for 9???

dancing phalanges:

--- Quote from: annaconda on October 24, 2017, 06:59:03 pm ---Hello all,

Chemistry is on next week, and to put my mind at ease, what will I have to get in the HSC to get a band 6?

I'm currently rank 2/10 at my school with an internal of 83 (bombed my trials). I know that assessment marks get moderated, so what will I have to get in the exam to bump my final mark into the 90's? For additional information, I think rank 1 has internals of 87/88/89. (I've also read Jamon's article on scaling)

I've been doing past papers, and I have been geting low 90's. If I were to score that high in the actual HSC (touch wood), would my internal mark be pushed up to align more the the HSC mark, with respect to mark distribution to the rest of my chem cohort at my school? The lowest mark in the class is low 40's????

Also, another thing which has been causing me great stress is why is my student number only eight digits, where the boxes has allocated spaces for 9???

--- End quote ---

Hey can't comment on the Band six thing (I'm on around the same mark for French as you and wondering the same thing haha) but in terms of the student number boxes - there may be one extra simply for if you made a mistake on one number so you can cross it out and ignore it essentially?

annaconda:

--- Quote from: dancing phalanges on October 24, 2017, 07:03:20 pm ---Hey can't comment on the Band six thing (I'm on around the same mark for French as you and wondering the same thing haha) but in terms of the student number boxes - there may be one extra simply for if you made a mistake on one number so you can cross it out and ignore it essentially?

--- End quote ---

thanks! is yours 8 or 9 numbers?

dancing phalanges:

--- Quote from: annaconda on October 24, 2017, 07:10:33 pm ---thanks! is yours 8 or 9 numbers?

--- End quote ---

my number is 8 :)

blasonduo:

--- Quote from: dancing phalanges on October 24, 2017, 07:13:49 pm ---my number is 8 :)

--- End quote ---

I assumed that extra box was for the 1 in front of our student numbers? I could be wrong, but it was my assumption

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version