HSC Stuff > HSC Subjects + Help

What Subject should I drop????

(1/1)

Hannah.Camelotti:
Hi,
I have just started year 12 and am looking to drop a subject. For year 11 I had 12 units, but I have just picked up extension history which means that I now have 13 units. I don't want to do 13 units for my HSC so I definitely need to drop something.
My marks for my year 11 preliminary exams are as follows:
Ancient history- 97%
Visual Arts- 88%
Advanced English-80%
SOR2- 78%
General maths- 75%
Biology- 67%
I was originally going to drop down to SOR1, however my biology marks are always significantly lower than my other marks, so I am not sure what to do now? I enjoy biology a lot more than religion, however I achieve better marks in religion and believe that I could lift my marks now that I have the basics, Please help!
Many thanks :)

Natasha.97:
Hi! I would recommend keeping Biology, as you've stated that you enjoy it more than SOR. You'll be more motivated to study and work hard to improve your marks if you enjoy it :)

bimberfairy:

--- Quote from: Hannah.Camelotti on October 28, 2017, 07:55:21 pm ---Hi,
I have just started year 12 and am looking to drop a subject. For year 11 I had 12 units, but I have just picked up extension history which means that I now have 13 units. I don't want to do 13 units for my HSC so I definitely need to drop something.
My marks for my year 11 preliminary exams are as follows:
Ancient history- 97%
Visual Arts- 88%
Advanced English-80%
SOR2- 78%
General maths- 75%
Biology- 67%
I was originally going to drop down to SOR1, however my biology marks are always significantly lower than my other marks, so I am not sure what to do now? I enjoy biology a lot more than religion, however I achieve better marks in religion and believe that I could lift my marks now that I have the basics, Please help!
Many thanks :)

--- End quote ---

I recommend keeping the subject you enjoy more, which seems to be Biology. If you keep a subject you like, you'd be more motivated to study for it! And also from what you've said, you seem to be ready to lift your marks too (:

If you're still hung up about it, maybe try keeping 13 units for now and seeing what kind of content you'll be learning in the HSC course, how you go with the next few weeks or lessons, and then dropping the subject you know you won't want to carry on to the HSC. During Year 12, you can drop a subject anytime before your Trial exams so don't feel the pressure to drop one now.

jamonwindeyer:
Hey! I agree with above, you are way better keeping a subject you enjoy more, so I'd be keeping Biology!!

Some useful guides here and here might be worth a read too! ;D

Hannah.Camelotti:
Thank you everyone for your advice!!!!  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version