Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:20:25 am

Author Topic: Environmental Science 2015 exam  (Read 6681 times)  Share 

djsbrks

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: ABC
Environmental Science 2015 exam
« on: November 04, 2015, 11:04:26 pm »
Is anyone ready for this?
Any idea what might be asked this year?
What are your nominated fossil and non-fossil fuel sources?
Personally, I'm preparing for a 10 hour enviro study sesh tomorrow, not even kidding..

djsbrks

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
Re: Environmental Science 2015 exam
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2015, 02:31:24 pm »
What did people think of the 2015 enviro exam!!!!
It honestly wasn't as bad as I was scaring myself into thinking, although I did do last minute cramming in the morning... ;D
Which proposal did you choose to be the most ecologically sustainable development? I chose the 1st and recommended the 2nd to go ahead.. Anyone want to share their thoughts?  ;D
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 03:19:05 pm by djsbrks »

Macka598

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • GG-Methods
  • School Grad Year: 2015
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 04:48:33 pm »
Honestly the exam was pretty straight forward. I was just a little pressed for time but finished with about 3 min left :/
Other than that i felt i went well.
Any others pressed for time??

djsbrks

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 05:49:44 pm »
Agreed, I was writing the last word of a sentence when time was up. Also, did anyone draw a diagram for the greenhouse effect? I know it was optional but thought since it was 5 marks they're bound to give marks for a diagram?

Macka598

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • GG-Methods
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2015, 12:23:11 pm »
Yeah i thought i may as well draw a diagram for the greenhouse effect, it was 5marks. i had trouble explaining it in words so i think the diagram may of helped my explanation

djsbrks

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2015, 12:57:13 pm »
Yeah i thought i may as well draw a diagram for the greenhouse effect, it was 5marks. i had trouble explaining it in words so i think the diagram may of helped my explanation
Yeah good idea :P Which proposal did you choose to be the most ecologically sustainable development (last question I think?)

Macka598

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • GG-Methods
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2015, 09:28:49 pm »
Yeah good idea :P Which proposal did you choose to be the most ecologically sustainable development (last question I think?)
I chose the first proposal as i thought that it would be easier to argue with the minimal loss in species as well as the natural forest, and considering that the second proposal caused run off into the creek, it seemed easier to argue the first. But i can see how the second one could be argued, it really doesn't matter what you chose as long as you used evidence.
did you say the water vapour was the main contributor to the natural greenhouse effect?

djsbrks

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2015, 12:17:18 am »
Yep I definitely talked about little impact on species richness/abundance in the first proposal compared to the second, tho that may have been my one strong argument ._. Did you also manage to mention something along the lines of how it would 'meet the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs'. I smooshed that sustainability definition in my last sentence lol
Yes I mentioned it luckily during my explanation of the natural greenhouse effect

Macka598

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • GG-Methods
« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2015, 04:00:33 pm »
I chose the first proposal as i thought that it would be easier to argue with the minimal loss in species as well as the natural forest, and considering that the second proposal caused run off into the creek, it seemed easier to argue the first. But i can see how the second one could be argued, it really doesn't matter what you chose as long as you used evidence.
did you say the water vapour was the main contributor to the natural greenhouse effect?
I can't remember if i mention about the needs of the present/future... i hope i wrote it. I guess that would be a major factor!

djsbrks

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2015, 03:04:05 pm »
You should be fine even if you didn't, you sound like you know what you're talking about ;)