Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 06:05:55 am

Author Topic: 3&4 further in year 11  (Read 2284 times)  Share 

Crish

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
3&4 further in year 11
« on: March 10, 2022, 04:20:57 pm »
Hey,
I’ll be in yr 11 next year and my teacher offered me the choice to do 3&4 further next year, without 1 and 2. I was wondering whether I should do it, given the fact that I am most probably going to pick methods and spesh too in yr 11 (as well as eng, chem, bio), so I am worried if the workload is manageable or not, I know further doesn’t have that high of a workload. I score pretty well this year in pre methods so I guess I'm capable in math, but I want to get a really high score (45+) in further, so I was wondering if the workload would be manageable with all the other subjects.
Thanks.

Golgi Apparatus

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
Re: 3&4 further in year 11
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2022, 06:26:11 pm »
I didn’t do spesh, but I did do methods. I found the workload very light compared to my other subjects, especially methods. We got time to do most of the exercises in class, so I generally only had to do maybe 2-5 hours outside of class a week. This may depend on your school though. From what I’ve heard, most people doing methods find further fairly easy, although it is a very different type of maths. It can be hard to score in the 45+ range. You might hear that you often lose one study score for each exam mark lost in the 40+ range, not sure if this is true though.
VCE
2020: Biology
2021: Chemistry | English Language | Further | Methods | Psychology

2022: Bachelor of Biomedicine (UoM)

Crish

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2022, 11:56:50 am »
+1
Thank you, I decided to not to spesh anyway cause a bunch of year 12's told to not to, and the content looks frustrating too. I'm not tryna spend 2 years proving stuff. I saw the content for further and it looks pretty relieving, and I have a bunch of friends doing further too that's another perk. Plus I don't even need spesh so I don't want to add the extra workload.
But thanks for your reply, it gave me an insight into what doing further would look like.
p.s. do any topics from general 1/2 come into further, and if so, how long would it take to catch up on them.

Golgi Apparatus

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +7
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2022, 01:19:48 pm »
p.s. do any topics from general 1/2 come into further, and if so, how long would it take to catch up on them.

I didn’t do general so I’m not sure about this. I found further very manageable though and I didn’t need to catch up on anything, any concepts from general were taught again. I know a few people that did further without general and they were all fine with it.
VCE
2020: Biology
2021: Chemistry | English Language | Further | Methods | Psychology

2022: Bachelor of Biomedicine (UoM)

Crish

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2022, 01:45:13 pm »
+1
oh alr, thank you

mabajas76

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +13
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2022, 02:43:07 pm »
Yeah the spec SD is changing from what the year 12's did this year.

They are adding a bunch of proofs and also making 1/2 content directly examinable which is stupid.
"Don't give up, and don't put too much effort into things that don't matter"-Albert Einstein, probably.