General Discussion > Creative Corner

AN's Fortnightly Art Challenge!

<< < (2/36) > >>

sweetiepi:

--- Quote from: JTrudeau on May 31, 2018, 08:51:18 pm ---This is such a brilliant idea!! Love it :D

A huge turning point for my life was moving to the US. I met a lot of people, faced a lot of totally new challenges, and worried a heck of a lot about losing things from the past.

The three I drew are some of my best friends, and my age when I met them. With each of them, our friendship survived our going our separate ways, whether it be due to graduation or moving countries. I’ll forever treasure the memories we made.

And it’s gonna take a lot more than 10,000km of ocean to stop a lifelong friendship!

Spoiler

--- End quote ---
That drawing is adorable!!! <3
And a meaningful description to boot!
Love it <3

Poet:
Hey all!
Here's my memory - I did it on my little whiteboard.
I was remembering my mother when she was pregnant with my little siblings, and the wondrous feeling of knowing there's a baby in there somewhere. I remember putting my hand on her tummy and feeling a little hand or foot pressing back. With that in mind, here's my little stylised sketch. :)

SpoilerThere's one more day to put in your art for the topic 'Memories'! Thanks to the wonderful people who shared their memories with us earlier.

Calebark:
I cheated and used Paint for this because I can't find my coloured pencils lol, add that to the shopping list.

It's pretty simple, but y'know, it's about the journey not the destination. Btw that's meant to be a really shitty love heart, representing how healthy relationships -- both romantic and platonic -- can cut through all those shitty, murky memories in your head.

Memories

PhoenixxFire:
So I actually intended to take a photo, but as per usual I left it to the last minute and the photo idea won't work given it's been raining.

So instead you all get to enjoy my *fabulous* artistic ability.

I can't draw from memory so this is based off a photo from a long, long time ago in a galaxy far, far away. It's of me and my oldest and youngest brothers. I think I got the expressions okay but my mouths and noses are a bit off to be fair we were both missing teeth at the time which made it a bit hard.

When my siblings and I were little we used to go sleep in our parents bed when we were sick. There was this one night in particular when me and all of my brothers ended up in their bed. I can't remember why exactly, I wasn't sick, I think one of my brothers might have been and he woke the rest of us up or something. Anyway there was 7 of us (my sister slept through it) all squashed in this Queen size bed. This photo isn't from that night, but it's around the same time and it's one of the few happy memories I have of my whole family before my parents started fighting.

drawing

original photo

Potatohater:
Ok so entries close today and I don’t have much time on my hands (thanks STUVAC!) so I added the extra challenge of writing this in 15 mins. So here it goes:

A patchwork of memories If memories were tangible texts then my most recent dreams would be a piece of patchwork literature. Snippets extracted from events past. Copied. Pasted. Stitched together into something new. Repeated. Replaying events over and over.
Realising my flaws. If only I had done this instead... But I didn’t. Shoulda, coulda, woulda, didn’t.
Trying to grasp the lights within. The pep talks that followed. “Self love, self trust and self confidence” he would repeat over and over, as a way of either drilling it into my head, or, as humans do, because he’s talking on the spot. His point continuously circling back, but he keeps talking, because the only way to move forward is to go back.
And then there’s the works of fiction, constructed from the past. Runnning down the pitch in a fast break. Catching the ball. Maybe even scoring a goal.
A series of short films constructed from the archives of my memory, dancing through my brain all through the night.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version