Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

June 18, 2024, 02:46:54 am

Author Topic: Internal and External Transfers - Monash University  (Read 49619 times)  Share 

Rohmer

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +10
Re: Internal and External Transfers - Monash University
« Reply #45 on: September 15, 2014, 06:31:56 pm »
+1
Pretty sure it's 70% minimum, esp. if the website says that.

I think the '75% requirement' was in probably regards to what you actually need to have a competitive chance of getting in - the WAM cutoff's aren't publicised for internal transfers, but anecdotally the % required is usually in the high 70's. It changes from year to year, but with a high 70's WAM you should have a reasonable chance of getting an offer.

slothpomba

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Chief Executive Sloth
  • Respect: +327
« Reply #46 on: September 15, 2014, 08:10:02 pm »
+1
Also is it less likely that they will accept you if your WAM is in the high 70s? Mine is in the high 70s, although I assumed that since this is a competitive transfer and although a distinction average is the minimum, why would they accept someone with a WAM in the 70s when other applicants may be in the 80s or even 90s?

If anyone has answers to these, thanks in advance!

If it is conducted like they process VTAC/Year 12 applications, they sort the list from highest to lowest marks (usually ATAR in the case of VTAC etc). If they have 200 places, they start with the #1 highest scoring applicant and they get the #1 spot, 50th gets the #50 spot, until they fill their theoretical 200 spots. I don't know if internal transfers work in a similar fashion or have a hard quota but it is a good guess for how they operate.

The cut off is just to even be considered really. If your application is below that, unless you have some kind of "sweetener" (external experience?), all those applications will probably "go in the bin" more or less. The higher your score, the better your chance of getting in but that is all fairly obvious. Just try your absolute hardest and dont waste time procrastinating on the exact score needed.

ATAR Notes Chat
Philosophy thread
-----
2011-15: Bachelor of Science/Arts (Religious studies) @ Monash Clayton - Majors: Pharmacology, Physiology, Developmental Biology
2016: Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Psychiatry research

jiji

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Newhaven College
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #47 on: December 16, 2014, 09:51:46 pm »
Hi all, my boyfriend just got his VCE results and got a 30 in ESL - enough to get him into science at Monash but unfortunately not enough for biomedical science. Is there any way he could transfer at the end of next year by doing some kind of english based subject as a substitute for the pre-requisite?
2012: Biology [50] | Japanese SL [41]
2013: English | Chemistry | Drama | Mathematical Methods CAS

achre

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +72
« Reply #48 on: December 19, 2014, 09:47:16 pm »
Anyone know if you are still advised of the outcome of your application even if you don't get in? A friend of mine just got an email confirming his acceptance, but I still haven't received anything.

jameshalo22

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • School: Scotch College
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2014, 10:04:37 pm »
+1
Anyone know if you are still advised of the outcome of your application even if you don't get in? A friend of mine just got an email confirming his acceptance, but I still haven't received anything.

I am pretty sure you will receive an email even if you have been unsuccessful in your application. I received an offer for Commerce/Law with a WAM of 77.8%. You most likely have been placed on the second round offer list so you will probably receive an indication later this week. Good luck!! :)

nosuperstar

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #50 on: December 22, 2014, 06:55:38 am »
I am pretty sure you will receive an email even if you have been unsuccessful in your application. I received an offer for Commerce/Law with a WAM of 77.8%. You most likely have been placed on the second round offer list so you will probably receive an indication later this week. Good luck!! :)

Congrats on Commerce/Law! I got offered Law! So happy!

@Achre, What did you apply for?

jeanweasley

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Trust only in yourself
  • Respect: +73
  • School: SHGC
« Reply #51 on: December 24, 2014, 04:09:00 pm »
Wow, that's great news @jameshalo22 and @nosuperstar. I got an offer as well. Have you got the offer letter yet? Oh, and congrats to us :)
2014: BA @ Monash University
2015: LLB(Hons)/BA @ Monash University

jess.tran

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • School: Doncaster Secondary College
« Reply #52 on: December 24, 2014, 04:42:02 pm »
I got an offer as well! Received my letter in the mail today, although I'm still confused as to how to accept it. It tells you to "reply to the email no later than 5pm on 9 January 2015", but I'm not sure as to what email they're talking about..

jeanweasley

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Trust only in yourself
« Reply #53 on: December 24, 2014, 05:16:19 pm »
I got an offer as well! Received my letter in the mail today, although I'm still confused as to how to accept it. It tells you to "reply to the email no later than 5pm on 9 January 2015", but I'm not sure as to what email they're talking about..

Yup. Just got mine today as well and I've called the people up but I don't think their office is open. I emailed the law enquiries people as per the letter but I got forwarded to ask.monash instead. So I'm still waiting for the reply email to my question. Congrats as well Jess!

nosuperstar

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #54 on: December 24, 2014, 07:30:36 pm »
Hey, congrats all!
I just got my offer letter today too, I think the uni is closed until the 5th of Jan, so maybe we have to wait till then to find out who we reply to accept the offer.

jameshalo22

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #55 on: December 25, 2014, 12:00:23 pm »
Merry Xmas guys!
Yeah we just reply to that email that we received about our successful applications :)

jeanweasley

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Trust only in yourself
« Reply #56 on: December 25, 2014, 02:58:43 pm »
Merry Xmas guys!
Yeah we just reply to that email that we received about our successful applications :)

Really? How'd you find out? The letter was rather vague about it but thanks for the reply.
Merry Christmas to you too and see you next year! (maybe haha)

jameshalo22

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #57 on: December 27, 2014, 11:00:45 pm »
Really? How'd you find out? The letter was rather vague about it but thanks for the reply.
Merry Christmas to you too and see you next year! (maybe haha)

The letter that we received in the post say something along the lines of respond to the email to later than 5pm Jan 9. Yeah haha hopefully! :p

m_chellen

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: +110
  • School: Nossal high school
« Reply #58 on: January 04, 2015, 10:03:10 am »
Hi all, just wondering how  long after we've replied accepting our offer until we can change our units on wes. I tried but it wouldnt let me saying "student must be enrolled in courses owned by faculty of law". And did you guys get an email confirming your acceptance of the offer or nah? Thanks in advance
2012: Psychology
2013: English | Chemistry | Methods | Philosophy | Food tech
2014: Monash Uni BA
2015: Monash Uni LLB(Hons)/BA

jeanweasley

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Trust only in yourself
« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2015, 01:51:53 pm »
Hi all, just wondering how  long after we've replied accepting our offer until we can change our units on wes. I tried but it wouldnt let me saying "student must be enrolled in courses owned by faculty of law". And did you guys get an email confirming your acceptance of the offer or nah? Thanks in advance

Well I tried enrolling today too after I got a confirmation via ask.monash from Sherri from Undergrad Services Law but it seems that the course transfer is still not processed on WES.

EDIT: I called them just now (1:59PM)and the lady on the phone said that they are not processing the internal transfers until the 23 Jan 2015 which is the Enrolment Day. This is because she said that they need people to attend enrolment. So it looks like after you've accepted your offer that you just go to the enrolment day and enrol in person as per the letter's instructions.
« Last Edit: January 06, 2015, 02:02:27 pm by jeanweasley »