Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 07:25:47 pm

Author Topic: HSC Class of 2017 Discussion Thread  (Read 40166 times)  Share 

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: HSC Class of 2017 Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: April 05, 2017, 02:11:10 pm »
+1
Just finished chem today and physics gonna be on last day of school :'(
One exam left to go ;D

Nice Bubbly! I bet you'll smash it! ;D

kiiaaa

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2017, 02:12:23 pm »
+1
Hello All!
I'm considering to undertake a degree in  either Business management, law, accounting or actuarial studies post HSC. I'm wondering which universities such as Macq/UTS/ USyd/ UNSW and was wondering which universities offer best career opportunities after graduation such as a job internship etc. so i can set myself an atar goal to work towards. I'd love to hear from you and if you know which uni is best to go to for those areas. Im quite lost in terms of what is a good uni to aim towards
Thank you very much! :)

Thebarman

• Trendsetter
  • Gone fishing
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #62 on: April 09, 2017, 06:38:20 pm »
+1
How did everyones half yearly exams go? If you're still going, feeling confident? Keen to hear how you have all gone! ;D

Finished up my last exam on Wednesday before taking a well earned weekend away. Business studies was a mess and probably the worst exam I've done in a long time. The other few weren't too bad, a few mistakes here and there, but nothing too major to fret over (hopefully). Feeling extremely confident with biology though, I'm pretty sure I smashed it!

Thanks to everyone who helped out during this exam block. The help was much appreciated (and much needed), and I/everyone wouldn't have been able to get through the exams without you all!
“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!”
2017 HSC: Advance English, Mathematics, SORII, Biology, Business Studies, Modern History.
Atar: 92.05

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #63 on: April 09, 2017, 09:20:47 pm »
+1
Hello All!
I'm considering to undertake a degree in  either Business management, law, accounting or actuarial studies post HSC. I'm wondering which universities such as Macq/UTS/ USyd/ UNSW and was wondering which universities offer best career opportunities after graduation such as a job internship etc. so i can set myself an atar goal to work towards. I'd love to hear from you and if you know which uni is best to go to for those areas. Im quite lost in terms of what is a good uni to aim towards
Thank you very much! :)

Hey kiaaa! Sorry it took so long for me to reply, I meant to give you this link but it slipped my mind. That is an article on choosing universities, how to do some research and what things to consider! ;D

I don't know much about the specifics of those degrees for those four universities - I know of some people who could be worth asking over PM (unless they read this) and they might be able to lend a hand? RuiAce does Actuarial at UNSW, isaacdelatorre does Law at UNSW - Could be biased opinions there but they could have an insight!

Best of luck with the choice! Ultimately, all are great institutions, go with what seems to be the best fit for you personally ;D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #64 on: April 09, 2017, 09:25:30 pm »
+1
Finished up my last exam on Wednesday before taking a well earned weekend away. Business studies was a mess and probably the worst exam I've done in a long time. The other few weren't too bad, a few mistakes here and there, but nothing too major to fret over (hopefully). Feeling extremely confident with biology though, I'm pretty sure I smashed it!

Thanks to everyone who helped out during this exam block. The help was much appreciated (and much needed), and I/everyone wouldn't have been able to get through the exams without you all!

Niiicely done barman, hope you enjoyed the time off! Well deserved! ;D

Sounds like a great performance overall. Don't worry about Business, figure out what went wrong and fix it - Just a learning experience is all it is :) keen to hear some awesome results coming back next term!! Thanks for being an awesome part of the forums ;D

kiiaaa

• Trendsetter
« Reply #65 on: April 11, 2017, 11:32:23 am »
+1
Hey kiaaa! Sorry it took so long for me to reply, I meant to give you this link but it slipped my mind. That is an article on choosing universities, how to do some research and what things to consider! ;D

I don't know much about the specifics of those degrees for those four universities - I know of some people who could be worth asking over PM (unless they read this) and they might be able to lend a hand? RuiAce does Actuarial at UNSW, isaacdelatorre does Law at UNSW - Could be biased opinions there but they could have an insight!

Best of luck with the choice! Ultimately, all are great institutions, go with what seems to be the best fit for you personally ;D

thank you so much Jamon! Your really very helpful. I'd like to thank you in general for all the help you provide for us students like me scraping it through high school. It make such a difference

EDIT: could i also take this opportunity to thank the rest of the AN Team. You guys made a big difference for my half yearlies as help was at my fingertips. I dont know if there rest of the team is seeing this but if so thank you very much again and again. it is an understatement if i say you guys are amazeballs.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:35:01 am by kiiaaa »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #66 on: April 11, 2017, 12:41:04 pm »
+1
thank you so much Jamon! Your really very helpful. I'd like to thank you in general for all the help you provide for us students like me scraping it through high school. It make such a difference

EDIT: could i also take this opportunity to thank the rest of the AN Team. You guys made a big difference for my half yearlies as help was at my fingertips. I dont know if there rest of the team is seeing this but if so thank you very much again and again. it is an understatement if i say you guys are amazeballs.

Thanks SO much for your kind words!! I'll make sure the team sees your message ;D  seriously so happy that we've been able to help you :)

Ps - Amazeballs is the best adjective I've ever had applied to me ;)

kiiaaa

• Trendsetter
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2017, 08:53:04 pm »
+1
hello again!
i was wondering if anyone had nice template to make a study timetable out of. when i try to make myself one all that happens is i write. comehome chill till 4 then a block of just study till10. is that how it is meant to be or should it be more precise such as 1hr maths 30 mins legal etc? i really dont know how to create a timetable that is effective and possible to adhere to. Any tips?  ???
thank you  :D :D :D

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2017, 08:59:50 pm »
+1
hello again!
i was wondering if anyone had nice template to make a study timetable out of. when i try to make myself one all that happens is i write. comehome chill till 4 then a block of just study till10. is that how it is meant to be or should it be more precise such as 1hr maths 30 mins legal etc? i really dont know how to create a timetable that is effective and possible to adhere to. Any tips?  ???
thank you  :D :D :D

Hey kiiaaa! I've written a study timetable guide and you can read it here! ;D that said, some sort of template file for a study timetable is actually a seriously brilliant idea. I might make one! ;D

kiiaaa

• Trendsetter
« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2017, 10:55:10 pm »
+2
Hey kiiaaa! I've written a study timetable guide and you can read it here! ;D that said, some sort of template file for a study timetable is actually a seriously brilliant idea. I might make one! ;D

jamon. You're a legend! Thank you :)

Zainbow

• Forum Regular
« Reply #70 on: April 21, 2017, 01:40:19 pm »
Just to let you guys know, the HSC timetables were accidentally released early but were taken down 1 hour ago  :o

edit: Is this a prelim thread? I just realised soz
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 01:42:04 pm by Zainbow »
HSC 2017 (All Rounder)

2018: B/Eng (Mechatronic (Space)) (Hons) & B/Sci (Physics) (Dalyell) at Usyd

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #71 on: April 21, 2017, 01:42:32 pm »
edit: Is this a prelim thread? I just realised soz
Nah.

Thebarman

• Trendsetter
  • Gone fishing
« Reply #72 on: April 21, 2017, 01:55:11 pm »
Would the exam dates that were leaked be pretty much what we can expect now? Or are they going to change since they were released a bit early?
“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes!”
2017 HSC: Advance English, Mathematics, SORII, Biology, Business Studies, Modern History.
Atar: 92.05

Zainbow

• Forum Regular
« Reply #73 on: April 21, 2017, 02:01:17 pm »
I'm not sure, they'd probably stay the same for the most part
HSC 2017 (All Rounder)

2018: B/Eng (Mechatronic (Space)) (Hons) & B/Sci (Physics) (Dalyell) at Usyd

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2017, 03:49:49 pm »

Would the exam dates that were leaked be pretty much what we can expect now? Or are they going to change since they were released a bit early?

I agree, they wouldn't change them just because some people saw them early, it's not like those people are at an advantage did you guys see your timetables? Are you happy with it assuming it will be the same?