Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 07:15:58 pm

Author Topic: The truth game  (Read 34362 times)  Share 

Stick

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Sticky. :P
Re: The truth game
« Reply #210 on: January 04, 2013, 11:18:40 am »
It depends on the circumstances. I don't use it in Maths or Science very much, unless my work has to be very neat. For subjects that required more writing, I'd use the tape white out for smaller errors but would generally cross things out for larger ones. If the mistake was really big, I'd start writing again on a new piece of paper. :P

Would you rather feel too hot or too cold? Why?
2017-2020: Doctor of Medicine - The University of Melbourne
2014-2016: Bachelor of Biomedicine - The University of Melbourne

Starlight

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
« Reply #211 on: January 04, 2013, 12:48:45 pm »
Too cold. Today is the perfect example, I am stuck inside my house and can't go out :( You can't really bring a portable air conditioner with you outside but you can wear warm clothes!

What's your favourite season of the year?
2012-2014. BSc: Neuroscience. University of Melbourne.
2015-2018. Doctor of Optometry. University of Melbourne.

Unlikely to respond to any PMs these days.

saba.ay

« Reply #212 on: January 04, 2013, 11:50:52 pm »
Winter and Autumn. I can't stand the heat of summer and I hate the bugs in spring. I always get sick in summer, even though most people typical get sick around the winter season. :P

If you could go back into the past, or into the future, to any time of your choice, where would you go, and what would you do? :)

TheJedi

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • School Grad Year: 2011
« Reply #213 on: January 05, 2013, 12:51:38 am »
I would go back to the age of kings, just so I could witness what it could be like living in an empire (possibly even being a knight of a castle :P)

What do you think your life will be like 20 years from now?
2011: English, chemistry, mathematical methods, physics

2012-2014: Biomedicine at University of Melbourne

slothpomba

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Chief Executive Sloth
« Reply #214 on: January 05, 2013, 02:51:45 am »
I would go back to the age of kings, just so I could witness what it could be like living in an empire (possibly even being a knight of a castle :P)

What do you think your life will be like 20 years from now?

That's a tough one. Just generally where i want to be i 'spose, not too far off the track.

Bit old fashioned but whatever - hopefully married (if that's still a thing anyway), with a few kids. One of the worst things in life is to work a sucky job. No one should have to work a job they absolutely detest. The effect on your life in general all that stress can have is very bad too. So, hopefully, i'll be in a career im happy with (Rockstar who's a part time Philosophy of Religion professor and part time Pharmacologist working on making the lives of people with mental illness better, also just generally a full-time badass).

Hopefully a lot of my friends stuck around and i've answered (or got closer to) a lot of lifes big questions and i'm just happy in general.

This is all just i hope for though, it could all go horribly wrong too. The path i go now will really depend on how hard i work and i really should be working a lot harder. I'm at a stage now where i'm mostly equal with everyone else on all fronts, all that matters is how much i put into it, which right now admittedly, isn't enough.

Hopefully, i'll value every second i get, even more than now. Life is short and everything is a lot more temporary and fleeting than we think. There's only one life, no do-overs or resets. There is *no* later.

A lot of the quotes in the motivational thread post in my signature (just below this text) probably apply to this too.

What is something you think people focus too much or too little on when they should really, really do the opposite?

ATAR Notes Chat
Philosophy thread
-----
2011-15: Bachelor of Science/Arts (Religious studies) @ Monash Clayton - Majors: Pharmacology, Physiology, Developmental Biology
2016: Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Psychiatry research

nisha

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Hum Honge Kamyab.
  • School Grad Year: 2012
« Reply #215 on: January 05, 2013, 10:35:48 am »
People focus on the stupid things. Like complaining about insignificant things or fighting with one another about not cleaning something, or not going to a party or things (i hear mostly from guys) "her hands are too big I should probably be done with her".  Like these things are not even worth fighting over or worrying about. Other people have gone through so much worse in their lives, yet they have a smile on their face. Thats an inspiration. We should all learn from that.

Do you think marriage is important? To you or your family?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 01:08:05 pm by nisha »
Melbourne University-Science-Second year

Am taking in students for CHEMISTRY and MATHS METHODS tuition for 2014 as well as first year chemistry. If interested, pm me. Flexible with location.

"Education is an admirable thing, but it is well to remember that nothing that is worth knowing can be taught [/i]

TheFedExpress

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • School: Nagle College
« Reply #216 on: January 05, 2013, 11:23:49 am »
Yes I do. Very important. if you truly love someone, there should be no reason why not to officially dedicate yourself to them for the rest of your life. And it is important to my family also as Catholics.

Would you rather give advice to your past self, or take advice from your future self?
2011: Psychology (46) P.E (46)
2012: English (47) Italian (29) Methods (36) Physics (39)
ATAR: 98.40

Charmz

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #217 on: January 05, 2013, 12:32:20 pm »
That's a tough one. Umm.... I'd take advise from my future self. there would be more to gain, the past is in the past it can't be changed but I can change my future.

Do you believe you shape your own future or is it set out for you?

slothpomba

• Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Chief Executive Sloth
« Reply #218 on: January 06, 2013, 02:12:54 am »
Do you believe you shape your own future or is it set out for you?

Everyones future is set out to them to a degree. You can never become president of America, even if you wanted to, since the law says you have to be born there. I'll never probably be a billionaire. Things like that.

There is plenty you can seemingly change though. If you work harder in uni, you'll do better compared to if you did absolutely nothing. Despite what many people say about not being able to find a significant other, the ratio of males to females is roughly 50/50. If you try, you'll do a lot better than if you don't (afterall, if you dont try you fail 100% of the time). If someone exercises or eats healthy, they'll be rather different in the future if they didn't.

So, i think the answer is a bit of both. Of course this is all based on the idea we have free will in our choices which i dont think is all that certain...

Would you rather have 40c weather or 10c weather?

ATAR Notes Chat
Philosophy thread
-----
2011-15: Bachelor of Science/Arts (Religious studies) @ Monash Clayton - Majors: Pharmacology, Physiology, Developmental Biology
2016: Bachelor of Science (Honours) - Psychiatry research

Stick

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Sticky. :P
« Reply #219 on: January 06, 2013, 01:15:49 pm »
I'd have the 40 degree weather since I like the heat.

If you couldn't do tertiary education for whatever reason, what job would you pursue?
2017-2020: Doctor of Medicine - The University of Melbourne
2014-2016: Bachelor of Biomedicine - The University of Melbourne

Wazzup

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #220 on: January 06, 2013, 01:29:12 pm »
hmmm, security? nursing? OH&S, GraphicDesign umm gangster? lol good question

Do you prefer pizza or pasta, why ?

Professor Polonsky

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #221 on: January 06, 2013, 06:45:59 pm »
Pasta. I've never really been a fan of pizza especially the cheap ones) unless it's like 4am or something like that. Also, I really don't think many things go that well with pizza... And I could have seafood pasta all day.

Do you have any regrets from your time at school?

simba

« Reply #222 on: January 06, 2013, 08:51:49 pm »
A lot haha. Mainly in my early high school years (7-8). I regret trying to be someone that I wasn't to fit in and be liked. I made myself seem dumber to stop being called a nerd and I never stood up for myself. I just took all the verbal abuse people gave me at school.
The second I gave up that act, I made some great friends who I can trust with anything! I also regret picking 1/2 health last year instead of GMA

If a genie were to grant you one wish, what would it be? (CANNOT be for more wishes!)

Charmz

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #223 on: January 06, 2013, 11:31:38 pm »
To be the happiest person ever.

If you looked in the mirror of erised (Harry Potter), What would you see?

thushan

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #224 on: January 07, 2013, 12:19:50 am »
A woman whom I love very dearly and who loves me (my future wife), and my three future kids, in a tight-knit happy family.

What was the worst thing you have ever done?
Managing Director  and Senior Content Developer - Decode Publishing (2020+)
http://www.decodeguides.com.au

Basic Physician Trainee - Monash Health (2019-)
Medical Intern - Alfred Hospital (2018)
MBBS (Hons.) - Monash Uni
BMedSci (Hons.) - Monash Uni

Former ATARNotes Lecturer for Chemistry, Biology