Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 05:42:58 pm

Author Topic: Business Management- Grade Distribution  (Read 3558 times)  Share 

andrewmen

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Business Management- Grade Distribution
« on: October 30, 2014, 06:49:00 pm »
Hi everyone,

I have been discussing with teachers about what kind of percentage you need to receive to get a specific grade on the end of year exam.  However, through my research I have found this 'graded assessment' of previous years in Business Management, which state specific details about grades for Unit 3 and 4 SAC's as well as the end of year exam.

Here is the link for the 2013 one:
http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Documents/statistics/2013/section3/vce_business_management_ga13.pdf

I would like to know, in regards to the students 0f 2013, for the end of year exam did they need to receive anywhere between 48-65 to receive an A+, as stated in the document?

Therefore I am asking, to receive for example an A+, do you need to receive 90%+ on the exam or do you go by the graded? assessment to determine your grade.

Hope that makes sense.  Thanks for any response in advance.

Trilla

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
Re: Business Management- Grade Distribution
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2014, 09:48:16 pm »
+1
Disregard everything you know about 90% being the A+ cut off

The A+ cut off for busman last year was a score of 48/65, which is about 74%. Just in case you still don't understand, to get an A+ last year, you needed 74%

Jono_CP

« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2014, 10:33:24 pm »
Disregard everything you know about 90% being the A+ cut off

The A+ cut off for busman last year was a score of 48/65, which is about 74%. Just in case you still don't understand, to get an A+ last year, you needed 74%

To be fair, the 2013 exam for Bus. Man was arguably the hardest one yet in terms of the updated study design. Just because the questions were more implicit in nature in comparison to the previous years. Hopefully it is slightly easier

Trilla

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2014, 08:48:01 am »
+1
To be fair, the 2013 exam for Bus. Man was arguably the hardest one yet in terms of the updated study design. Just because the questions were more implicit in nature in comparison to the previous years. Hopefully it is slightly easier

Good luck either way bruv!