Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 09:43:16 pm

Author Topic: 50 in BM, shoot me your questions!  (Read 23087 times)  Share 

Jawnle

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +2
Re: 50 in BM, shoot me your questions!
« Reply #75 on: November 03, 2014, 10:29:47 pm »
How did you all find today's exam?
Found the 10 mark approachable but difficult to relate directly to the case study because it was regarding frozen pre-packaged meals and that was pretty much all the info they gave...

Have you had a look at the exam? Has it been posted anywhere?

Addzkebabs

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Lalor Secondary College
  • School Grad Year: 2014
« Reply #76 on: November 03, 2014, 10:42:38 pm »
Found the 10 mark approachable but difficult to relate directly to the case study because it was regarding frozen pre-packaged meals and that was pretty much all the info they gave...

Heyy,

Surprisingly, I found fairly solid links (at least i think) with the case study.. JIT to preserve freshness of inputs, quality assurance with food standards and what not, TQM ensuring efficient manufacturing processes eliminating food wastage (ethics i guess), and utilising the establishment phase to source expert chefs who retain experience and qualification in the field to ensure quality.. Lmao just a few things :)

Do you think elaboration on those key points would form a solid 10 marker Mafioso? :)

Cheers!

Mafioso

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +10
  • School Grad Year: 2013
« Reply #77 on: November 03, 2014, 11:11:18 pm »
Haven't had a look at the exam itself but I heard what was on it.
Heyy,
Surprisingly, I found fairly solid links (at least i think) with the case study.. JIT to preserve freshness of inputs, quality assurance with food standards and what not, TQM ensuring efficient manufacturing processes eliminating food wastage (ethics i guess), and utilising the establishment phase to source expert chefs who retain experience and qualification in the field to ensure quality.. Lmao just a few things :)
Do you think elaboration on those key points would form a solid 10 marker Mafioso? :)
Cheers!

I would need to read the case study and the question itself but given that it related to a frozen pre-packaged meal business, all those points mentioned are very relevant and including them in your answer is excellent.

Keep in mind that a 10 marker provides plenty of room for discussion and assessors would accept a wide range of points, given that they are relevant and answer the question.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2014, 11:15:23 pm by Mafioso »
Currently tutoring Business Management [50].  Spots open for 2015

Jawnle

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2014, 11:13:23 pm »
Heyy,

Cheers!

Yeah that's how I related to the case study aswell but I was hoping they'd tell us what frozen meals they provided so I can say things like JIT can preserve the freshness of the beef in the meatloaf meal or something instead of freshness of inputs. Get what I mean? LOL

Jawnle

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2014, 11:18:21 pm »
Heyy,

Cheers!

Ohh I liked the expert chefs one - didn't think of that. I was too focused on it being a factory/manufacturer and only used machines to make the food which meant there would be no chefs. Oh well, I just talked about how they can source employees who are physically capable of handling and arranging the finished products in a quick manner so they could be delivered faster. Hope they'll take that!

Addzkebabs

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #80 on: November 03, 2014, 11:32:23 pm »
+1
Yeah that's how I related to the case study aswell but I was hoping they'd tell us what frozen meals they provided so I can say things like JIT can preserve the freshness of the beef in the meatloaf meal or something instead of freshness of inputs. Get what I mean? LOL

Hey :)

Ahh I see what you meant now!! That would've been awesome to implement, lmao it's all about the meatloaf :)

Ohh I liked the expert chefs one - didn't think of that. I was too focused on it being a factory/manufacturer and only used machines to make the food which meant there would be no chefs. Oh well, I just talked about how they can source employees who are physically capable of handling and arranging the finished products in a quick manner so they could be delivered faster. Hope they'll take that!

And thank you Jawnie!!!  ;D I don't know why, but it was one of those things that came to me instantly.. probably because I prepare and freeze my meals for the next few days haha :) Now that I that i think about it, in a mass production environment, your answer is much more viable! Oh well :)

All the best!

Jawnle

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #81 on: November 03, 2014, 11:59:24 pm »
Now that I that i think about it, in a mass production environment, your answer is much more viable! Oh well :)

Oop don't think about it too much! I'm sure it doesn't matter which way you took their business structure to be as long as you explained how they can address the issues I'm sure your answer is fine! My strategy was to start on the 10 mark first but then I was like blank for the first 2 minutes so I decided to go to question 1 to warm up hehe

aww frozen meals during exam periods would make me so sad ><

Addzkebabs

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2014, 12:37:27 am »
Oop don't think about it too much! I'm sure it doesn't matter which way you took their business structure to be as long as you explained how they can address the issues I'm sure your answer is fine! My strategy was to start on the 10 mark first but then I was like blank for the first 2 minutes so I decided to go to question 1 to warm up hehe

aww frozen meals during exam periods would make me so sad ><

Haha I did the exact same thing!!! I had to head back to the beginning just to get the brain functioning again lmao

And yeah.. the gym life, need those meals to stay fit and healthy I guess, especially during exam time  :P

Sayf44

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • School: DUCV
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2014, 11:28:55 am »
Guys I had benefits/limitations for the just in time strategy (missing out on quantity discounts, suppliers must be reliable etc). But surely there's no disadvantages from implementing total quality management (maybe time consuming but meh -.-).

Also, I understood "the future staffing needs" part of the question as fulfilling the needs of the staff in the future. I started talking about employment arrangements and flexible working arrangements (which is also part of the establishment phase), to allow staff to balance their work and family responsibilities . This is completely incorrect, right? Stupid me, didn't realise it meant the staff needed in the future. Thought it meant the needs of the staff in the future.

Trilla

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
« Reply #84 on: November 04, 2014, 08:25:02 pm »
Guys I had benefits/limitations for the just in time strategy (missing out on quantity discounts, suppliers must be reliable etc). But surely there's no disadvantages from implementing total quality management (maybe time consuming but meh -.-).

Also, I understood "the future staffing needs" part of the question as fulfilling the needs of the staff in the future. I started talking about employment arrangements and flexible working arrangements (which is also part of the establishment phase), to allow staff to balance their work and family responsibilities . This is completely incorrect, right? Stupid me, didn't realise it meant the staff needed in the future. Thought it meant the needs of the staff in the future.

With future staffing needs, HR planning stood out the most for me. But given that, i guess it's down to what you believe it is and justifying it, as everyone else is saying