Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 07:41:26 pm

Author Topic: Art theory  (Read 4420 times)  Share 

featheredbirds

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Art theory
« on: April 27, 2013, 11:01:12 pm »
Any other art people on the forum?  :o

If so, how is everyone going art theory wise? I know that at the moment I spend the majority of class time on prac and was wondering how everyone else manages a theory/prac balance?

Other art people (that I hope are out there. please. please) let me know! Wooh
2012: Psychology, Drama
2013: English, Literature, Revolutions, Further Maths, Art, Theatre Studies

"There is only one thing I fear in life, my friend... One day the black will swallow the red."

Lolly

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +114
Re: Art theory
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 02:09:48 pm »
Any other art people on the forum?  :o

If so, how is everyone going art theory wise? I know that at the moment I spend the majority of class time on prac and was wondering how everyone else manages a theory/prac balance?

Other art people (that I hope are out there. please. please) let me know! Wooh

HI THERE I'M DOING ART.

We have to hand in analyses every week and do practice pages from exams. Every Thursday we have one period for theory. The rest of our time is for folio. :) What about you? What are you doing for unit 3?

EDIT: OH WAIT do you mean writing the research project and prepping for the theory sac? I'm just starting on that.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 02:12:49 pm by lollymatron »

featheredbirds

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School Grad Year: 2013
Re: Art theory
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 05:56:32 pm »
AWW YAYAYAYAY  ;D

We generally spend single sessions on theory each week, with a practice analysis due each week. In unit 3 so far I've experimented with mediums, but I mostly use analogue photography/film/claymation... what about you? (THIS IS SO GREAT THAT OTHER ART NERDS EXIST ON THIS FORUM)

EDIT: No, but yes I'm also starting on that! What artists/artworks are you studying? :)
2012: Psychology, Drama
2013: English, Literature, Revolutions, Further Maths, Art, Theatre Studies

"There is only one thing I fear in life, my friend... One day the black will swallow the red."