Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 03:54:31 pm

Author Topic: New Laptop  (Read 5492 times)  Share 

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +661
Re: New Laptop
« Reply #15 on: January 01, 2015, 08:59:54 am »
Thanks guys, but I think I have decided on the Samsung ATIV Book 9 2014 edition, simply because its super light, has powerful specs, and is relatively portable, good for gaming and movies and looks sleek and sexy. Heres a link to it, I know its a bit expensive, but I've been saving for a while and want one that will last for a very long time. Any comments, about it would be appreciated.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/07/18/samsung-ativ-book-9-2014-edition-review/

I don't know if you're still in on playing video games on it, but it has no dedicated graphics card and a full HD resolution, which is not a good mixture if you want to play anything remotely modern. If you're just looking for an ultrabook, it's pretty good (a little expensive but if you have the money, why not spend it!)

mahler004

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +65
« Reply #16 on: January 01, 2015, 09:25:00 am »
I don't know if you're still in on playing video games on it, but it has no dedicated graphics card and a full HD resolution, which is not a good mixture if you want to play anything remotely modern. If you're just looking for an ultrabook, it's pretty good (a little expensive but if you have the money, why not spend it!)

You don't want a 15' screen. Buy one with a smaller screen and spend the money you save on a larger external display.

I carried a 15' laptop into uni for much of my first year. Never again.
BSc (Hons) 2015 Melbourne

PhD 2016-??? Melbourne

I want to be an architect.

Russ

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +661
« Reply #17 on: January 01, 2015, 10:39:18 am »
I don't like 15 inch laptops that much because of the weight, but that thing still only weighs 1.75kgs, which is only 300 grams more than a 13 inch MBA, so it's not like it's a dealbreaker.