Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 05:37:33 pm

Author Topic: Is it wise to pick up 3/4 Accounting  (Read 1338 times)  Share 

zhang.m

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Is it wise to pick up 3/4 Accounting
« on: January 31, 2017, 09:14:20 pm »
Hello, ATAR notes members I have just started year 12 and am considering dropping physics for accounting.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 11:54:17 pm by zhang.m »

nt2387

• Victorian
  • Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Is it wise to pick up 3/4 Accounting
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 01:30:15 pm »
Hello, ATAR notes members I have just started year 12 and am considering dropping physics for accounting. 1/2 physics exam 58%.

I actually quite enjoy physics and do not find the subject particularly hard, and have confidence if I change my study habits I can get better results.

Would like some quality advice from people who are currently doing accounting or have done it on the level of difficulty and workload and if I should pick it up or stick with what I have.

Note: QUALITY advice only, no bs please, just honest opinions would be appreciated. Will delete this post if I see any unhelpful comments.

Thanks

Hi,

I don't think accounting would be harder than physics, but it won't necessarily be easier for you since you haven't done 1/2. That being said you can still perform extremely well without 1/2, and you aren't at any major disadvantage imo.

In terms of the workload, I would say that accounting requires consistent work. Many new concepts you'll learn throughout the year will build upon those you learn at the beginning, so neglecting to work even for a week may hinder your scores in the future. I think the workload will definitely be manageable for you if you don't leave things to the last minute.

Accounting probably won't be less work / easier work than physics but I think that if you really don't want to do physics because you don't like the content (rather than because of a high workload) then doing Accounting 3/4 is 100% possible.

Hope that helps!
2015: Accounting 49 | Sociology 44

2016: Psychology 49 | English 45 | Chemistry 45 | Methods 41     ATAR: 99.55

TUTORING 2017 - PM if interested!