Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 22, 2024, 12:19:04 am

Author Topic: Legal essay introduction  (Read 500 times)

Jfernando312

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
Legal essay introduction
« on: August 12, 2019, 07:29:04 pm »
Is this a good intro or nah? 
Question Three: Evaluate the effectiveness of the legal and non-legal responses in achieving justice for women in the Australian workforce (15 marks)

Gender should not be a factor in determining the worth of an individual but women have been discriminated in the workplace, sexually harassed and denied equality of opportunity because of childcare. Historically, women’s inferiority was an attitude reflected in the laws and policies of Western societies, with gender segregation and men holding most if not all positions of power. In contemporary Australia, however, there has been rapid progress for achieving justice in attempts for upholding rights women in the workforce through both legal and non legal mechanisms, which have been put in place to overcome the historical and cultural barriers that women still face.

ak74224

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Legal essay introduction
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 07:32:14 pm »
+1
Hey, I'm also doing HSC legal studies this year and I think you introduction is definitely on the right track. However, I do think you should add a sentence or two on the role of WW1 and WW2 in changing societal perceptions of women and transforming the traditional role of women (from being the homemaker to being the bread winner in some cases). This would definitely add depth to your intro. After such sentences, I would personally talk about how in response to a greater amount of women in the work force and the women's right movements of the 1960's-1980's governments were forced to introduce measures which prohibit the exploitation and discrimination of women in the workforce.

Your introduction is definitely on the right track. Good luck on your trials!!!

Jfernando312

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +1
Re: Legal essay introduction
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2019, 01:11:25 pm »
Hey, I'm also doing HSC legal studies this year and I think you introduction is definitely on the right track. However, I do think you should add a sentence or two on the role of WW1 and WW2 in changing societal perceptions of women and transforming the traditional role of women (from being the homemaker to being the bread winner in some cases). This would definitely add depth to your intro. After such sentences, I would personally talk about how in response to a greater amount of women in the work force and the women's right movements of the 1960's-1980's governments were forced to introduce measures which prohibit the exploitation and discrimination of women in the workforce.

Thank you so much

Your introduction is definitely on the right track. Good luck on your trials!!!