Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 15, 2024, 11:30:25 pm

Author Topic: should i do lit or english? yr 12  (Read 7523 times)  Share 

Maz

• West Australian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +16
Re: should i do lit or english? yr 12
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2016, 07:31:03 pm »
thanks guys for the feedback...im just worried that i haven't done any normal english since year 9...even in yr 10 we had a literature course...so i think I've forgotten how to do english essays...like essays on different mediums that aren't just books...but then again i want to do better than average an 81%...in terms of creative and short stories i normally get low 90s...what pulled me back this year was macbeth...the only topic i got in the 70s for...unfortuantely that was worth the most  :-[. I'm thinking if i did move, i wouldn't have the english skills that everyone else has built up over unit 1/2 english...since literature is a different course...in terms of ranking I'm ranked 4...the difference between 1 and 4 is around 3%
2016: Methods | Chem | Physics | Accounting | Literature

lacune

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
  • School: SC
  • School Grad Year: 2015
Re: should i do lit or english? yr 12
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2016, 05:49:10 pm »
To say that English is preferable to Lit if you want to get a high score is kinda a generalisation

Though vce shouldnt be about the study score, and despite the fact that people generally tend to do better in English than in Lit, because what you learn in Lit definitely helps with English but not the other way around, if you make the most of the resources you have access to and do a lot of individual work, writing and extra reading in your own time for Lit, theres no reason you cant do better in Lit than you would have done in English, and get better enjoyment out of it too.

English for the study score, Lit for the enjoyment imo.

Do Lit.