Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 05, 2024, 11:19:14 pm

Author Topic: Tempestuously cruising through the HSC  (Read 74196 times)

Lumenoria

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +85
Re: Tempestuously cruising through the HSC
« Reply #135 on: May 01, 2018, 11:46:49 pm »
+1

What a journey! Congratulations, really happy that you are happy with your results!! I think keeping an 85% plus streak going is bloody impressive, certainly better than I managed in my HSC - You should be proud! ;D

Haha indeed, thankyou Jamon - it means a lot, really. I have never EVER been this consistent with my marks in previous years - when I got over 85 in everything last term, I knew it was a one off chance but then it seems to be happening again in this assessment round too so I was shook haha! I think I'm bound to screw up sometime, but hopefully that doesn't happen ah. Thanks again!
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #136 on: May 01, 2018, 11:48:12 pm »
Wrote out 2 organic responses to some random Mod A essay questions I found online just then in 2 hours, and it was hell lol. It has definitely been more chill today than normal, but it's the first day of school so whateverr.
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #137 on: May 02, 2018, 10:02:47 pm »
+3
Got multimedia result back and I'm annoyed because I missed out on 90% by one mark, UGHHH. I really hope I topped the class though.

Overall my half-yearly assessment marks were as follows;
(subject - weighting - mark)
English Advanced - 15% - 87
Maths - 30% - 86
Legal - 30% - 92
Economics - 30% - 85
Multimedia - 30% - 88

Timetable wise, I'm not too fussed about it. In fact, it's actually better than I expected - my exams are spread out with no more than 2 each week. However, I'm really annoyed that legal is so soon after paper 2 for English!! I have a 12 day gap between maths and economics, so it would've been perfect if legal was squished in that free week (week 3).

I spent 6 hours today after school fixated on my major work today and I am in dire need of sleep ugh. Time for Suits tho lol

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #138 on: May 02, 2018, 10:23:25 pm »
+1
Amazing stuff - Great things in store for you this year Lumenoria, I'm sure ;D

Legal on that Monday is a bit brutal hey! That's like 8 essays in three exam days if you count creative as an essay. Imagine doing Legal and Ancient as well!

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #139 on: May 07, 2018, 08:38:56 am »

Amazing stuff - Great things in store for you this year Lumenoria, I'm sure ;D

Legal on that Monday is a bit brutal hey! That's like 8 essays in three exam days if you count creative as an essay. Imagine doing Legal and Ancient as well!

Hopefully! HAHAHA and indeed, I'm dreading it so much already oml. Thankgod that isn't the case hahaha

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #140 on: May 07, 2018, 08:53:36 am »
+4
Have had a hectic weekend in terms of emotions, but it managed to be one of the most productive ones yet! I didn't do anything besides my major work, which I deeply regret, but I'm also super happy with the progress I've made on my project. I spent 10+ hours in total (the remainder of the days I spent at work) on it and edited maybe 5-6 seconds? Which is honestly amazing - I've had a major creative streak lately, so I'm trying to maximise my use out of it while it lasts!! My first progress draft is due today, and while I haven't finished, I reckon I've done more than anyone else in my class anyway.

On Saturday at work, my supervisor was in a bad mood and took his anger out on me in a really passive way. I suppose I was kinda in the wrong, but it didn't directly impact the customers or anything, PLUS it is something that we all do to save time and is usually not even paid attention to. I actually would've rectified it, but seeing as my co worker was on break and there was noone available to make the food (there was already a major queue), I didn't think it was worth it when it was so insignificant. Anyways, I had gone through a fair share of shit that day, and just having that happen put me in a position that reminded me of a really traumatic time in my life. It wasn't even because of him tbh, I can usually take a yelling without giving a shit, but he made me feel so shitty that I began questioning my integrity and myself and everything - so I didn't speak up about the circumstances. I   was just quietly apologising in awkwardness while he was patronising me, and I didn't even show any emotion in that moment. But as I started doing the bowls, I could feel my tears coming but I was trying to resist. When I was yelling out the names of the customers, I was doing it much quieter than usual because I was afraid someone would hear it in my voice. As soon as I had finished making the queue of orders, I left the premises to have a good cry lol. Honest to god, I'm still angry at him for fucking me over like that - because we usually have a really good relationship and he always trusts me with everything at work. It was fine after, but yeah that was debilitating to have to live through.

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2018, 03:59:28 pm »
+3
I feel like I've been slacking a bit in the past 2 days, but that's mainly been due to excitement over the Athletics Carnival - which was on Thursday! It was honestly so fun, and such an incredible day. Had many deep and funny conversations with my teachers, and took a shitload of photos with them HAHA.

Now, trying to get back into the swing of things, feels so difficult. I feel so disgusting for not studying for 2-3 days straight - this is probably the weirdest analogy, but I feel like I've eaten McDonalds for 3 days straight or something lol. I did some economics notes this morning though, which has already gotten me going - thank god. I have to clock on for work in 2 minutes, but this is my only shift for this week so HOPEFULLY I'll be able to maximise my use of my free day tomorrow in catch up with study.

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
Tempestuously cruising through the HSC
« Reply #142 on: May 14, 2018, 06:31:52 pm »
+3
Omg guys. I had English today and my teacher asked me to read out my answer for a question, and fuck I wanted to die. I swear, she asks me for my answer more than anyone in the class and she expects solid paragraph answers so I feel so vulnerable everytime (she has extraordinarily high standards). My friends even notice it too - people in my class literally refer to our lessons as just a series of conversations between me and her lol. It's come to a point where I've kinda accepted that I'll be picked on every lesson, which actually sucks so much because I hate exposing my answer, but I mean, what can you do? I've become somewhat used to it, but it's still frightening lol. I suppose it just makes me work harder.

Anyways, so I read it out, and omg, halfway through, I pronounced "mourning" WRONG. Legit, this is a word that I always inadvertently say wrong (my friends always catch me out on it) even though I know the correct pronunciation. It never occurs to me until I say it, but by then it's too late. I said "merrrning" instead of "MORning". Idk I think it just registers in my brain that way because of the way the word looks? Omg anyways, I corrected myself instantly and muttered fuck under my breath after, and I could see my teacher trying not to laugh lmao. I couldn't even read the rest of my answer without stumbling because I kept replaying that embarrassing ass moment in my head haha. She commended me for having a "great answer", so thank god for that. UGHHH I hate myself lol, I swore I would never make that mistake after doing it in front of my friends but nope I guess not AH

I have a legal excursion to watch some court cases next Wednesday, so I'm really keen for that!! I also really fucking want reports to come out - I have absolutely no clue where I'm ranking atm and it's killing me! I hope I'm ranking in the top 3 for all my subjects, because I'm 99% that was the case for my first term assessments but idk if my expectations are too high given my half yearly results. Our school doesn't tell us ranks for individual assessment tasks - so our only means of knowing is reports. I know that they're in the process of writing them, but no word has come out on when they're being distributed yet. I'm literally just so curious.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2018, 06:36:50 pm by Lumenoria »

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #143 on: May 14, 2018, 09:47:04 pm »
Omg guys. I had English today and my teacher asked me to read out my answer for a question, and fuck I wanted to die. I swear, she asks me for my answer more than anyone in the class and she expects solid paragraph answers so I feel so vulnerable everytime (she has extraordinarily high standards). My friends even notice it too - people in my class literally refer to our lessons as just a series of conversations between me and her lol. It's come to a point where I've kinda accepted that I'll be picked on every lesson, which actually sucks so much because I hate exposing my answer, but I mean, what can you do? I've become somewhat used to it, but it's still frightening lol. I suppose it just makes me work harder.

Anyways, so I read it out, and omg, halfway through, I pronounced "mourning" WRONG. Legit, this is a word that I always inadvertently say wrong (my friends always catch me out on it) even though I know the correct pronunciation. It never occurs to me until I say it, but by then it's too late. I said "merrrning" instead of "MORning". Idk I think it just registers in my brain that way because of the way the word looks? Omg anyways, I corrected myself instantly and muttered fuck under my breath after, and I could see my teacher trying not to laugh lmao. I couldn't even read the rest of my answer without stumbling because I kept replaying that embarrassing ass moment in my head haha. She commended me for having a "great answer", so thank god for that. UGHHH I hate myself lol, I swore I would never make that mistake after doing it in front of my friends but nope I guess not AH

I have a legal excursion to watch some court cases next Wednesday, so I'm really keen for that!! I also really fucking want reports to come out - I have absolutely no clue where I'm ranking atm and it's killing me! I hope I'm ranking in the top 3 for all my subjects, because I'm 99% that was the case for my first term assessments but idk if my expectations are too high given my half yearly results. Our school doesn't tell us ranks for individual assessment tasks - so our only means of knowing is reports. I know that they're in the process of writing them, but no word has come out on when they're being distributed yet. I'm literally just so curious.

Omg the legal excursion sounds so good. I went on a similar one last year in Term 4 and it was actually so good. But one of the cases we listened to was so boring lol, they were literally trying to convict this guy for break and enter on the tiniest speck of blood on a pillow.

I literally feel you with the reports oh my god. Our school gives us our individual ranks for each assessment task but I am literally dying to know what I am ranking, especially in economics since my mark jumped to 94% between the two assessment tasks. I already know english is going to be such a disappointment, I actually did so bad in the Paper 1 so literally cya to that rank.
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #144 on: May 14, 2018, 10:50:39 pm »

Omg the legal excursion sounds so good. I went on a similar one last year in Term 4 and it was actually so good. But one of the cases we listened to was so boring lol, they were literally trying to convict this guy for break and enter on the tiniest speck of blood on a pillow.

I literally feel you with the reports oh my god. Our school gives us our individual ranks for each assessment task but I am literally dying to know what I am ranking, especially in economics since my mark jumped to 94% between the two assessment tasks. I already know english is going to be such a disappointment, I actually did so bad in the Paper 1 so literally cya to that rank.

OMG YES THAT'S SO GOOD TO HEAR, my teacher's worried we're going to watch some brutal sexual assault case - although I highly doubt that'll be the case. We were going to do the excursion in in November, so term 4 like you (beginning of year 12), but the court was booked out until the end of May (when we're going) - so we've been eagerly waiting for 7 whole months!! I'm mainly keen on roaming free in the city and buying food - feels like I haven't done that for forever due to being stuck in the library 24/7 hahaha.

I KNOW!!!! Holy moly, I AM DYING TO KNOW, especially my rank for economics too coincidentally HAHAHA. Even though I topped my class in the half yearly assessment, I'm 99% sure my friend is beating me by 1/2 a mark overall, because she got 93 on the first economics assessment and I got 90, so it's super close. I'm lowkey hoping the increased weighting of the half-yearly will work in my favour HAHAHAH, but I'll be complacent if I secure 2nd or 3rd - as long as it doesn't drop below that lol. I feel so petty lol, but what can you do? Your improvement in eco is incredible though, I'm keen for you to find out because I have high hopes for you. Is your cohort for eco large?

OMG hahaha, I'm a bit worried about English aswell because I think it's super close. I know I'm tied with atleast 2 people atm and as far as I can tell, I reckon it could be anywhere from 2nd to 5th ish, but everyone smashed the last assessment so I can't really tell haha. When are you getting your reports? My school is legit so slow at distributing reports - guaranteed they'll have some printing issue as always, so I doubt I'll be getting it anytime soon unfortunately HAHAHA

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #145 on: May 14, 2018, 11:03:51 pm »
OMG YES THAT'S SO GOOD TO HEAR, my teacher's worried we're going to watch some brutal sexual assault case - although I highly doubt that'll be the case. We were going to do the excursion in in November, so term 4 like you (beginning of year 12), but the court was booked out until the end of May (when we're going) - so we've been eagerly waiting for 7 whole months!! I'm mainly keen on roaming free in the city and buying food - feels like I haven't done that for forever due to being stuck in the library 24/7 hahaha.

I KNOW!!!! Holy moly, I AM DYING TO KNOW, especially my rank for economics too coincidentally HAHAHA. Even though I topped my class in the half yearly assessment, I'm 99% sure my friend is beating me by 1/2 a mark overall, because she got 93 on the first economics assessment and I got 90, so it's super close. I'm lowkey hoping the increased weighting of the half-yearly will work in my favour HAHAHAH, but I'll be complacent if I secure 2nd or 3rd - as long as it doesn't drop below that lol. I feel so petty lol, but what can you do? Your improvement in eco is incredible though, I'm keen for you to find out because I have high hopes for you. Is your cohort for eco large?

OMG hahaha, I'm a bit worried about English aswell because I think it's super close. I know I'm tied with atleast 2 people atm and as far as I can tell, I reckon it could be anywhere from 2nd to 5th ish, but everyone smashed the last assessment so I can't really tell haha. When are you getting your reports? My school is legit so slow at distributing reports - guaranteed they'll have some printing issue as always, so I doubt I'll be getting it anytime soon unfortunately HAHAHA

OMG I FEEL YOU WITH ECONOMICS BUT WITH LEGAL!! I am pretty sure I am 2nd in legal by only 2.5 points which is literally so annoying because last year I was also second in legal last year by only 1 point aHHHH!! Oh dude thanks so much I literally went from 85 (which isn't even that bad) to the 94 with even a 20/20 in my BoP/CAD essay and I legit could not tell you how. My eco class is only small, I think 13 people. How about you??

Legit no idea when we are getting our reports because ours get released online. I think we were supposed to get them last week but they're waiting on some girl do to her assessment task and she's literally had more than 10 WEEKS, honestly I don't know why they haven't officially given her a zero yet. If my report doesn't come out this week I might just actually jump off a cliff.
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #146 on: May 15, 2018, 08:26:54 am »

OMG I FEEL YOU WITH ECONOMICS BUT WITH LEGAL!! I am pretty sure I am 2nd in legal by only 2.5 points which is literally so annoying because last year I was also second in legal last year by only 1 point aHHHH!! Oh dude thanks so much I literally went from 85 (which isn't even that bad) to the 94 with even a 20/20 in my BoP/CAD essay and I legit could not tell you how. My eco class is only small, I think 13 people. How about you??

Legit no idea when we are getting our reports because ours get released online. I think we were supposed to get them last week but they're waiting on some girl do to her assessment task and she's literally had more than 10 WEEKS, honestly I don't know why they haven't officially given her a zero yet. If my report doesn't come out this week I might just actually jump off a cliff.

I KNOW OMG, I'm lowkey in a similar situation in legal too! I think I'm coming 3rd on 95 but 1st is literally on a mark of 99 and 2nd on a mark of 98. It's super close, but I'm lowkey salty because we were all tied 1st in our first assessment, though I guess it is kinda unrealistic to think we'd all tie 1st forever. I was 3rd last year too... UGHH!!! I swear no matter how hard I try, I cannot up my rank because the person coming 1st has insanely good exam technique somehow.  HOLY MOLY, that's so good, especially the 20/20... wow. I swear my eco teacher is the harshest marker ever and never gives out 20s EVER, literally I swear he just never wants to give us the satisfaction of 100%... so he'll pick out something minor to justify the shortcoming lol. He's a bit strange, like if we hand in a draft that happens to have a similar question to the actual exam, he legit changes it. Like dafaq? HAHAH. I have 23 people in my class, but omg half of them are dropkicks that just took the class for the units... which explains why the average for the half yearly was fucking 47% lol. That's mainly why I want to rank in the top, so that I don't get dragged down by those idiots lmao.

That's strange, lmao our school wouldve almost definitely given her a 0. LITERALLY THOUGHHH AHH

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #147 on: May 19, 2018, 07:59:22 pm »
+1
Omg guys, on Thursday, I quite literally almost lost my shit. Basically, I had a study session in the library after school, but when I arrived, I realised my laptop wasn't in my bag whatsoever. I instantly started panicking - not because of the laptop itself, but the fact that my  entire major work was on it!! Not to mention all of my essays and study notes! I called my friend from my last period to ask if she saw me putting it in my bag, and she said she did - which made me think I left it on the bus or something! I realised that I never took it out since school, so I called the school to check my classrooms and the lady said she'd call me back after having done so. That wait was the most anxious thing ever - legit I was on the precipice of dropping out of school if it wasn't found. I'm not kidding, I definitely would not be able to redo my entire major work to the same standard - I had practically finished the entire thing, which had taken hundreds upon hundreds of hours alone. Just the thought of it made want to die. After these melodramatic ruminations, the school called me back and thank the lord, they found it. The relief I felt in that moment was indescribable!

We didn't get reports on Friday, which I'm kinda salty about because every other school seems to have already distributed their's. Apparently the earliest we'll get them is the upcoming Friday - and that's assuming there are no holdups... which literally is never the case at my school. So yay. I'm dying of curiosity to know my English Advanced and Multimedia ranks omgg

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
« Reply #148 on: May 20, 2018, 03:45:14 pm »
Omg guys, on Thursday, I quite literally almost lost my shit. Basically, I had a study session in the library after school, but when I arrived, I realised my laptop wasn't in my bag whatsoever. I instantly started panicking - not because of the laptop itself, but the fact that my  entire major work was on it!! Not to mention all of my essays and study notes! I called my friend from my last period to ask if she saw me putting it in my bag, and she said she did - which made me think I left it on the bus or something! I realised that I never took it out since school, so I called the school to check my classrooms and the lady said she'd call me back after having done so. That wait was the most anxious thing ever - legit I was on the precipice of dropping out of school if it wasn't found. I'm not kidding, I definitely would not be able to redo my entire major work to the same standard - I had practically finished the entire thing, which had taken hundreds upon hundreds of hours alone. Just the thought of it made want to die. After these melodramatic ruminations, the school called me back and thank the lord, they found it. The relief I felt in that moment was indescribable!

OMG!! Super stressful - I had a similar scare with my composition for Music!! From that moment on, everything important was backed up to the cloud. If you download something like 'Backup and Sync' from Google, you can take existing folders on your computer and back them up to a Google Drive (for free). You could also migrate all your stuff to a Dropbox or something? This saved me at university when I had a motherboard fry on a Macbook and I didn't end up being able to recover a bunch of my data :)

We didn't get reports on Friday, which I'm kinda salty about because every other school seems to have already distributed their's. Apparently the earliest we'll get them is the upcoming Friday - and that's assuming there are no holdups... which literally is never the case at my school. So yay. I'm dying of curiosity to know my English Advanced and Multimedia ranks omgg

Fingers crossed it comes soon!!

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #149 on: May 20, 2018, 06:35:03 pm »

OMG thank god you found your laptop, I legit would have cried if they didn't find it! I can't think of anything worse than undergoing all the stress and time again after we all have endured it once (which is definitely enough).

Literally legit me with the reports. Still nothing. Getting annoyed at this point because I am just dying to know my rankings AGH