Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 05, 2024, 09:09:29 pm

Author Topic: Tempestuously cruising through the HSC  (Read 74194 times)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Tempestuously cruising through the HSC
« Reply #195 on: June 18, 2018, 12:34:59 am »
Omg my English Advanced assessment is tomorrow. It feels surreal. I've been doing practices to integrate possible "mystery soliloquies", but god my expression is so fucking clunky when I'm analysing them. Ugh this is so hard. I'm really hoping the soliloquy works out being the one I want hahaha

You've got this Lumenoria!! Good luck! ;D

Lumenoria

• MOTM: JUN 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +85
« Reply #196 on: June 18, 2018, 03:46:38 pm »

You've got this Lumenoria!! Good luck! ;D

Thankyou!! It ended up being okay - although the mystery soliloquy that we had to integrate was less than ideal! Thanks again for your help x
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #197 on: June 18, 2018, 03:49:25 pm »
+1
English Advanced was alright, but I'm not sure if I got over 13/15. I have this dreaded feeling that I'm going to get fucking 80%, because I think the clarity of my expression could've been better, but I don't think I failed. I ended up writing 10 pages in total, which makes me worry that I was rambling because some people only wrote 3 pages. Nonetheless, I have maths tomorrow and I am literally so clueless about everything fml. I spent all weekend studying for English that I completely neglected maths smh.
HSC 2018 (ATAR 96.35) - English Advanced (96) | Mathematics General (87) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (89) | Industrial Technology (94)

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +113
« Reply #198 on: June 18, 2018, 10:17:44 pm »
English Advanced was alright, but I'm not sure if I got over 13/15. I have this dreaded feeling that I'm going to get fucking 80%, because I think the clarity of my expression could've been better, but I don't think I failed. I ended up writing 10 pages in total, which makes me worry that I was rambling because some people only wrote 3 pages. Nonetheless, I have maths tomorrow and I am literally so clueless about everything fml. I spent all weekend studying for English that I completely neglected maths smh.

Honestly reckon you smashed it!
HSC 2018 - (ATAR: 99.10)
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

2019: B Commerce/B Laws @ UNSW

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #199 on: June 19, 2018, 10:01:26 pm »
+1
Omg my economics assessment is tomorrow and I legit feel like I'm winging it. I have a detailed essay plan but I haven't done a mountain of practice essays like usual and I feel so underprepared that it's making me think that a 10/20 would not be completely unrealistic lol. I legit left study till the last minute because I had maths today and English yesterday, and I've basically been reteaching myself a lot of things because I haven't revised in a fair bit - but not one practice essay. I'm almost on the verge of having an "I dont care" attitude because I feel like a lost cause, but I also know for a fact that I would be basking in eternal depression if I got anything less than 85. It's literally making me feel physically sick, this uncertainty. Also, I'm 99% sure I failed my maths test today so that's fucking great.

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #200 on: June 19, 2018, 10:03:05 pm »

Honestly reckon you smashed it!

Aw thanks! Honestly I invested more time in English Advanced than any other subject so I seriously hope so hahahaha

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #201 on: June 20, 2018, 04:12:21 pm »
+1
OMFG guys. I hate to be the pessimist again, but my god that economics question was an absolute disaster. I swear I've had the worst luck with these assessments - first the horrendous mystery soliloquy for English, now this curveball question for economics. I had hoped that it would be inflation AND unemployment, so I prepared for both, but had hoped that if it was JUST one, that it would be unemployment. BUT NO. I turn over the exam paper today, and NOT ONLY is it a two part question on high inflation on the economy, but it asks you to "discuss the measures of inflation"!! LIKE WHAT THE FUCK. How is that even a legitimate essay question?? It was actually infuriating because I told myself there was a very slim chance that that would be it, and I even told my friend who asked me about it, that, literally the night before. Thus I didn't study it, because it seemed to be something that's more appropriate for short answers or something. Obviously, I'm not completely clueless about it - like I know basic stuff - but I probably wrote 3 sentences max about the inflation measures. I tried to integrate it into my response, but I kept forgetting about it because I kept telling myself I'd address it in another paragraph at the end. Of course, I had no time, so I had to conclude my essay that basically neglected half the fucking question. Furthermore, my structure was legitimately ALL over the place. It was for sure the worst essay I'd ever written in my life. My topic sentences would start with a solid idea, then the ending of the paragraph would be on something completely different to the start. So, now I'm 99% sure I failed that assessment and it's eating me alive. (not failed in the literal sense obviously, but <70 probably) I'm really hoping my analysis on the second half of the question will counteract this shortcoming, but there is only so many marks that I can get when I've completely neglected half of the question. I knew this was bound to happen because I knew I wouldn't fly through the HSC without bombing an assessment, but it just feels so horrible. I'm so disappointed in myself and words cannot express how upset I am. My rank is 100% going to drop now, and I feel like I've just failed my entire HSC. UGH. Worst yet, my friends keep invalidating my sentiments about this exam "Oh you'll probably get 90%" LIKE UMM NO, it's pretty unequivocal at this point that 90% is elusively out of reach for me given the circumstances. It just makes me feel more disappointed in myself, honestly.

Speaking of, we're getting our Legal results back on Friday. I'm really hoping the outcome is good, because I really need it right now.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 04:16:41 pm by Lumenoria »

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #202 on: June 22, 2018, 05:57:32 pm »
+3
Got my legal results back today for world order, and am beyond relieved. I topped the cohort with 100%. It was so difficult though, because my friends were really disappointed with their outcomes and I just felt so so horrible for doing well. Especially because one of them was basically expecting 100%, and got 97% instead. She got 24/25 on the essay, which is amazing, but we both have incredibly high expectations for ourselves so I understood her pain. The worst part was, I was scared to look at mine (I thought I fucked up my structure) so she offered to look for me after getting hers and my mark literally said 25+ in a circle with a comment saying "This deserves more than a 25!!". They were literally just crying after, and I obviously gave them lots of hugs but it's really hard to know what to say. My other friend got 18/25 and was expecting 23+. I almost wish that I had gotten a lower mark so that I could share the pain with them, literally. We had a heart to heart with my legal teacher about it, and she was so nice about it omg. She knew exactly what to say in that situation - which I literally couldn't understand how. Anyways, I'm obviously happy with my mark, but it sucks to see my friends in that state.

Time to return to the major work grind.

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #203 on: June 22, 2018, 08:12:00 pm »
Wow congrats on that mark!!!!! So well deserved!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #204 on: June 22, 2018, 08:45:58 pm »
Got my legal results back today for world order, and am beyond relieved. I topped the cohort with 100%. It was so difficult though, because my friends were really disappointed with their outcomes and I just felt so so horrible for doing well. Especially because one of them was basically expecting 100%, and got 97% instead. She got 24/25 on the essay, which is amazing, but we both have incredibly high expectations for ourselves so I understood her pain. The worst part was, I was scared to look at mine (I thought I fucked up my structure) so she offered to look for me after getting hers and my mark literally said 25+ in a circle with a comment saying "This deserves more than a 25!!". They were literally just crying after, and I obviously gave them lots of hugs but it's really hard to know what to say. My other friend got 18/25 and was expecting 23+. I almost wish that I had gotten a lower mark so that I could share the pain with them, literally. We had a heart to heart with my legal teacher about it, and she was so nice about it omg. She knew exactly what to say in that situation - which I literally couldn't understand how. Anyways, I'm obviously happy with my mark, but it sucks to see my friends in that state.

Time to return to the major work grind.

OMG GIRL!!!! CONGRATS OMG AHHH

I am still waiting for my mark oooo
English Advanced (90) | General Mathematics 2 (95) | Business Studies (98 - 6th in NSW) | Legal Studies (94) | Economics (93) | Studies of Religion 1 (48)

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #205 on: June 23, 2018, 10:24:58 am »
Wow congrats on that mark!!!!! So well deserved!

Omg thankyouu!! ;D

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #206 on: June 23, 2018, 10:25:52 am »
OMG GIRL!!!! CONGRATS OMG AHHH

I am still waiting for my mark oooo

EHEHEHE THANKYOOO <3 <3 How do you think you did?

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #207 on: June 23, 2018, 03:25:26 pm »
EHEHEHE THANKYOOO <3 <3 How do you think you did?

I think I did okay!! It was 15 MC on human rights and then a consumer essay! I'm getting it back this week so will let you know how it goes  :)

Also, are you coming to the lectures???? We could finally meet!!

Lumenoria

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #208 on: June 23, 2018, 03:56:15 pm »

I think I did okay!! It was 15 MC on human rights and then a consumer essay! I'm getting it back this week so will let you know how it goes  :)

Also, are you coming to the lectures???? We could finally meet!!

Aw yay! I hope it works out in your favour!! (although I'm sure it will ;D)

And yeah, I am!! Wait, just to clarify, are you talking about the trial revision lectures held by ATARnotes? HAHAHA

emilyygeorgexx

• HSC LECTURER
  • ____________
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #209 on: June 23, 2018, 04:01:32 pm »
Aw yay! I hope it works out in your favour!! (although I'm sure it will ;D)

And yeah, I am!! Wait, just to clarify, are you talking about the trial revision lectures held by ATARnotes? HAHAHA

yes AHAHAH

are you going to the eco one??