Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 12:56:01 am

Author Topic: Taking notes electronically  (Read 772 times)  Share 

qwdfbn1996

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +2
Taking notes electronically
« on: February 28, 2018, 07:41:15 pm »
Hi Guys
So basically I've always preferred to handwrite my uni notes in the past but starting this semester I've decided to completely switch over to typing on my laptop. This was mainly to save time since I have more work commitments outside of uni and not to mention that my subjects seem to be getting rammed with more information. Does anyone have any tips on how they take electronic notes? Currently I'm just typing them up on a word document but would love a way to kind of integrate my own notes with the lecture slides if that makes sense. Right now I'm printing off the lecture slides and then printing my own notes off separately but want to sort of combine them together.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Taking notes electronically
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2018, 07:44:24 pm »
+3
maybe put any diagrams that you think are really important from the lecture slides onto your own notes as well as including any really important information word for word.

Or you could type any of your own notes on/alongside the lecture slides and then print it off.

The Special One

• Forum Obsessive
  • Do not touch the great one
  • Respect: -14
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2018, 08:24:01 pm »
I don't know how or why you would want to integrate lecture slides into your notes.

What's on the lecture slides you can't type up on word?

If they have a diagram you can add those on word as well as format everything accordingly.
Bachelor of Laws @ Monash (2nd year)

Feel free to PM me about anything, happy to give advice about school and/or uni.

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2018, 03:42:35 pm »
Hi Guys
So basically I've always preferred to handwrite my uni notes in the past but starting this semester I've decided to completely switch over to typing on my laptop. This was mainly to save time since I have more work commitments outside of uni and not to mention that my subjects seem to be getting rammed with more information. Does anyone have any tips on how they take electronic notes? Currently I'm just typing them up on a word document but would love a way to kind of integrate my own notes with the lecture slides if that makes sense. Right now I'm printing off the lecture slides and then printing my own notes off separately but want to sort of combine them together.
Hey OP! Basically I tended to use OneNote if I ever wanted to incorporate both. Word (from 2013 onwards, AFAIK) and OneNote both have screenshot functions that allow you to capture sections of screenshots and add that automatically into your current document. Might be handy for you.
Notability, an app, may also be handy for this type of function too if you prefer to use an iPad or other tablet.   
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread