Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 08:46:43 am

Author Topic: Selective Entry High School (Current) VIC - Late round offers  (Read 8281 times)  Share 

Shxh

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Re: Selective Entry High School 2017 VIC - Late round offers
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 12:34:27 pm »
What school did u go to if u don’t mind
He tried for nossal, I got into nossal but I’m not too happy, I was hoping for mhs since mhs has bene my dream since last year....

830cracker

• Forum Regular
  • Class of 2023
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2019, 02:13:10 pm »
He tried for nossal, I got into nossal but I’m not too happy, I was hoping for mhs since mhs has bene my dream since last year....

I didn’t get into any of my preferences as my school is extremely competitive-_- there’s ppl who got 5 above aves didn’t get into nossal(not even a pd!) and my friends who only got a pd for macrob, all got like 2 sup and 3 aa or 3 sup 1 aa and 1 ha as u need at least 4 sups to get straight in from my school...

I didn’t do as bad as I thought, but I think I have been restricted from receiving late offers as my school already over-reached the 5% rule; so imo, it depends a lot on how strong is ur cohort in the current school, as the higher scores that takes u to get in, the stronger ur cohort can be

Btw congrats for getting into nossal! It is still a really good school; but at the same time don’t lose ur hopes as it can still be possible to get a mhs late offer, if u school haven’t reached the 5% yet :)

welp I’m procrastinating rn

Shxh

• Forum Regular
« Reply #17 on: September 23, 2019, 02:19:00 pm »
I didn’t get into any of my preferences as my school is extremely competitive-_- there’s ppl who got 5 above aves didn’t get into nossal(not even a pd!) and my friends who only got a pd for macrob, all got like 2 sup and 3 aa or 3 sup 1 aa and 1 ha as u need at least 4 sups to get straight in from my school...

I didn’t do as bad as I thought, but I think I have been restricted from receiving late offers as my school already over-reached the 5% rule; so imo, it depends a lot on how strong is ur cohort in the current school, as the higher scores that takes u to get in, the stronger ur cohort can be

Btw congrats for getting into nossal! It is still a really good school; but at the same time don’t lose ur hopes as it can still be possible to get a mhs late offer, if u school haven’t reached the 5% yet :)
Thanks and good luck to you! And btw, would you mind me asking which school was your first preference and why?

830cracker

• Forum Regular
  • Class of 2023
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #18 on: September 23, 2019, 02:55:18 pm »
Thanks and good luck to you! And btw, would you mind me asking which school was your first preference and why?

Thanks! And sure, my first pref was nossal, which used to be macrob but I changed it after I did the test(i knew that I did crap on the test, so I thought I have no chance of getting into macrob and it’s safer to just put nossal as first pref), but I didn’t get in anyways-_-

I mean personally, it’s okay to not get into a school that I’m really desire to get into, as it can gives me more opportunities to do other stuffs such as I could have more time to prepare for vce(yeah possibly I’m doing one unit 1/2 next year), while I would spend that time on traveling if I got in. So yeah undoubtedly mhs is an amazing school, but imo to do well in vce is mostly not depends on if u r going to there or not. Even I’m likely going to wrong by saying this, but I would say that nossal still have a chance for being a better school than mhs in future as really, they both awesome; but however, doing well as an individual can be more awesome :)
welp I’m procrastinating rn

MAN0033

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2019, 11:21:33 am »
I go to Kambrya college. A combination of 19 people got into NHS, MHS and Mac robs.