Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 01, 2024, 08:09:25 pm

Author Topic: Lots of writing in the exam  (Read 1025 times)  Share 

psychlaw

Lots of writing in the exam
« on: June 24, 2008, 08:29:59 pm »
I was just checking out the Legal 3/4 VCAA exam, and its looks really scary

Its got a lot of writing, like page long questions resembling essays and only worth like 8/90 marks

Then its got like the real essay which has EIGHT ALLOCATED PAGES!!!

I don't think I could do well with it. In Unit 1 there hasn't really been anything like this before. Its really really long aswell

What did all of you veteran legal students think of the exams for Legal. I'm probably gonna drop Legal cause of the exam....... I just don't think I'd do well

costargh

Re: Lots of writing in the exam
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 08:36:25 pm »
Relax. The 2007 exam was a major bitch. Lots of people JUST finished or didn't finish or were unhappy with the quality/length of their answers.
The reason why some questions appear to be so long ( by checking the allocated lines for the question) is because in previous years their was insufficient room for responses which meant heaps of people had to write "cont at back" which made it difficult to follow answers and wasted students time. From what Ive heard, they decided to allocate more lines to questions so that this problem was minimised. It is because of this that for many of the higher mark questions eg 6 and 8 marks, that it seems that you have to fill up all lines to get the marks which is in fact not true. Many people commented about this after the exam and the VCAA's apparent response was that the lines are just a guideline and students are not required to fill up all lines.

Don't be put off cause of the exam. Legal is a great subject and plus I've just written the help VN exam and Fyrefly has ediited it and offered suggestions so you'll have more resources available to you

=)

legaltutor

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 05:23:26 pm »
Having said that, write like an animal (legibly and relevantly) and you will do better. Faster writers are at an advantage.

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 09:19:21 pm »
Lol, I can write fast, but unfortunately when I do, my handwriting seems more and more illegible :(

I guess consistency is the answer on the Legal exam!