Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 06:04:44 pm

Author Topic: Property market  (Read 866 times)  Share 

monkeywantsabanana

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • An eye for an eye will make us all blind.
  • Respect: +55
  • School Grad Year: 2012
Property market
« on: March 20, 2011, 08:25:53 pm »
What are the major challenges or problems facing the property market over the next few years?

Bachelor of Commerce (Economics & Finance)

Water

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +116
Re: Property market
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2011, 08:35:38 pm »
Haven't touched on this in economics whatsoever. But, this is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

The property market over the years will eventually reach its peak, if not already, and if the property market continues to increase its prices for its houses, and people continue to buy those houses. Then, eventually, if interest rates goes up for instance, or people buy houses that they cannot afford --->

This can result in the property market bubble bursting.

In other words,

If the  bank is continuously lending money to people to buy houses ---> People can't pay back the monthly payments + interest rates due to an increase in interest rates or housing prices----> Many people have the same problem ---> Consumer Confidence Goes Down ---> Defaults on payment --->Homelessness/ Unemployment Goes Up ---> Kaboom! Similar to what happened in America, except more things occurred than just that.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 08:38:26 pm by Water »
About Philosophy

When I see a youth thus engaged,—the study appears to me to be in character, and becoming a man of liberal education, and him who neglects philosophy I regard as an inferior man, who will never aspire to anything great or noble. But if I see him continuing the study in later life, and not leaving off, I should like to beat him - Callicle

chrisjb

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • ROAR
  • Respect: +64
Re: Property market
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2011, 10:22:26 pm »
Haven't touched on this in economics whatsoever. But, this is just my opinion, so take it with a grain of salt.

The property market over the years will eventually reach its peak, if not already, and if the property market continues to increase its prices for its houses, and people continue to buy those houses. Then, eventually, if interest rates goes up for instance, or people buy houses that they cannot afford --->

This can result in the property market bubble bursting.

In other words,

If the  bank is continuously lending money to people to buy houses ---> People can't pay back the monthly payments + interest rates due to an increase in interest rates or housing prices----> Many people have the same problem ---> Consumer Confidence Goes Down ---> Defaults on payment --->Homelessness/ Unemployment Goes Up ---> Kaboom! Similar to what happened in America, except more things occurred than just that.
Is this the reason for the cardboard box plan in your sig?:P
2011: 96.35
2012: http://www.thegapyear2012.com/
2013: Arts (Global) Monash
2016: Juris Doctor (somewhere)