Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 01, 2024, 04:11:21 am

Author Topic: Wanta new job!  (Read 4655 times)  Share 

sxcalexc

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Re: Wanta new job!
« Reply #30 on: November 21, 2008, 11:52:17 pm »
What type of office jobs can you get as a temp just out of school? I would like to know, because I too am sick of retail.

Fyrefly

• ★☆★ 一期一会 ★☆★
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +307
« Reply #31 on: November 22, 2008, 12:16:09 am »
What type of office jobs can you get as a temp just out of school? I would like to know, because I too am sick of retail.

There's a lot of 'junior' positions that r ideal 4 skool-leavers.

On seek and stuff, make a habit of doing a search with the keyword 'junior' and narrowing down 2 'temp jobs' jst 2 c the specific stuff that pops up.
Of course, some ppl will take on beginners but the job title doesn't give it away, so it still pays 2 go thru them like normal as well.

"Junior receptionist", "Junior admin assistant", and "Junior clerk" r common 1s, from memory.

GL ^_^
|| BComm + DipLang (Jap) @ Monash ||

sxcalexc

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #32 on: November 22, 2008, 12:17:21 am »

There's a lot of 'junior' positions that r ideal 4 skool-leavers.

On seek and stuff, make a habit of doing a search with the keyword 'junior' and narrowing down 2 'temp jobs' jst 2 c the specific stuff that pops up.
Of course, some ppl will take on beginners but the job title doesn't give it away, so it still pays 2 go thru them like normal as well.

"Junior receptionist", "Junior admin assistant", and "Junior clerk" r common 1s, from memory.

GL ^_^
Good advice, thanks!

costargh

« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2008, 02:18:37 am »
Do what I do and sell yourself in St Kilda. There's strong demand and quite the shortage of QUALITY supply so wages are very good. The work itself is good, and most of the time enjoyable although sometimes the fat chicks sometimes make u cringe... but I guess the monetary compensation is the incentive to do your job. And you have to remember "fat chicks need loving too".
Beach-side end of Dickens street is usually my territory but their are heaps of places and yeh I'd recommend it.

brendan

« Reply #34 on: November 22, 2008, 02:22:57 am »
Do what I do and sell yourself in St Kilda. There's strong demand and quite the shortage of QUALITY supply so wages are very good. The work itself is good, and most of the time enjoyable although sometimes the fat chicks sometimes make u cringe... but I guess the monetary compensation is the incentive to do your job. And you have to remember "fat chicks need loving too".
Beach-side end of Dickens street is usually my territory but their are heaps of places and yeh I'd recommend it.

This guy is serious folks.

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #35 on: November 22, 2008, 03:19:16 am »
Well...if I get around to developing this arm of the business I run with my dad, maybe I might hire a FSNer :P
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

sxcalexc

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
« Reply #36 on: November 22, 2008, 12:01:27 pm »
Well...if I get around to developing this arm of the business I run with my dad, maybe I might hire a FSNer :P
Ooooh pick me! :P Is it IT related?

xox.happy1.xox

« Reply #37 on: November 23, 2008, 08:41:44 pm »
Lol, I want more than $11 an hour. I spend too much, people!

bturville

« Reply #38 on: November 23, 2008, 08:53:57 pm »
Oh fuck. When he said his name was Costa the other night I didn't even think it would be THAT Costa. YOU STOLE MY WALLET TOO