Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 05:27:30 pm

Author Topic: Lenz Law...  (Read 1306 times)  Share 

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1
Lenz Law...
« on: July 18, 2010, 11:04:43 pm »
I dont get it very well...can someone help me.? How exactly do you find direction of flux, magnetic field and current and all...
"Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me.  Alright?  You got a dream, you gotta protect it.  People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it.  If you want something, go get it, period." - Chris Gardner

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
Re: Lenz Law...
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 09:12:01 pm »
I am clueless with this one...please help, i know that it might be hard to explain but can someone at least try?
"Don’t ever let somebody tell you you can’t do something, not even me.  Alright?  You got a dream, you gotta protect it.  People can’t do something themselves, they wanna tell you you can’t do it.  If you want something, go get it, period." - Chris Gardner

TrueTears

• TT
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +667
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 09:27:01 pm »
its a bit hard to explain so ill direct you here : http://vcenotes.com/forum/index.php/topic,19381.0.html
PhD @ MIT (Economics).

Interested in asset pricing, econometrics, and social choice theory.

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 11:52:42 pm »
another....

Cthulhu

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2010, 01:00:46 pm »
http://hyperphysics.phy-astr.gsu.edu/Hbase/electric/farlaw.html

I'd like to draw some pictures and explain how it works for you but my tablet doesn't work on windows XP for some demented microsoft reason.

Whatlol

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2010, 02:11:57 pm »
I am clueless with this one...please help, i know that it might be hard to explain but can someone at least try?

a. Ok initially there is a magnetic field flowing through x which goes from right to left or the futhermost right coil of X has a south pole. So when you remove this, a north pole will be induced on the left side of Y (this occurs because when the south pole is removed, the coil y will oppose this change and create a north pole). Now a north pole will mean there is an anticlockwise current flowing, hence it will flow from left to right through the galvanometer ( the direction of the current is right).

b. When the resistance is increased, this will have an effect of "weakening the south pole" or maybe better put will cause a decrease in flux present at the right side of X, this will be counterbalanced by producing a north pole in coil Y and consequently the current will flow in the same direction as scenario a, that is right.

c. Reducing the resistance will have the opposite affect, and increase the current this will "increase the south pole present at the right side of X" and therefore counterbalanced/ opposed by producing a south pole in coil Y which will produce a clockwise current, going left through the galvanometer.

It is hard to give an explanation without any images and i hope you can understand these explanations and that they are correct.
failed uni

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2010, 06:13:24 pm »
thnx guys

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2010, 12:23:00 am »
is there such thing as the induced magnetic field?

Whatlol

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2010, 12:26:15 am »
is there such thing as the induced magnetic field?

yes, an induced magnetic field is like the ones we have been studying e.g. the magnetic field produced by a current running through a coil etc..
failed uni

TyErd

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2010, 03:03:09 am »
thnx man