Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 29, 2024, 01:23:17 am

Author Topic: I NEED HELP ASAP!!!?!?!?!  (Read 752 times)  Share 

heatherrose

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
I NEED HELP ASAP!!!?!?!?!
« on: July 18, 2017, 11:30:17 am »
So I have a Sports Medicine assessment task, and I am really confused by what I am meant to do...

'You have been employed by the Association as the Sports Medicine consultant, and have been asked to write an information paper, titled “Winter Night Hockey @ Western Sydney.” This Report will look at how sports medicine addresses the demands of specific athletes and what role preventative actions play in enhancing the wellbeing of the athlete.'

HELP ME PLEASE I DONT WANT TO FAIL

Juliesokha

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +17
Re: I NEED HELP ASAP!!!?!?!?!
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2017, 07:32:27 pm »
    Hey there,
    Um..I'm not really sure about this but looks like your questions cover both of the two main focus questions of the option which consist of many many dot points and dash points.
    However, from my point of view I guess If it's asking you to address the demands of specific athletes then you need to be clear whether your players are
    • children young athletes
    adult/aged athletes
or female athletes then you have to follow the dash points that come under the dot point itself.

For example, if your hockey players are female then you need to address the issues which can be: eating disorders, iron deficiency, bone density and pregnancy (the four dash points) and discuss how can these problems can affect their performance (leading to negative performance, losing concentration etc) and suggest a whole range of recommendations on how are they (individuals and coaches) going to manage and prevent those issues.
[/list]
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 09:31:06 pm by Juliesokha »

Juliesokha

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +17
Re: I NEED HELP ASAP!!!?!?!?!
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2017, 07:41:00 pm »
Hi again,

I can't believe I just forgot the other part of the question  :-X

ANYWAYS, The second part ... ugh well I did a report as well for my sports med at the beginning of year12 and the question was just directly asking us to develop a set of guidelines by addressing the PHYSICAL PREPARATION AND SPORT POLICY AND THE SPORTS ENVIRONMENT (which are the two dot points that fall under that 2nd focus question of the option: WHAT ROLE DO PREVENTATIVE ACTIONS PLAY IN ENHANCING THE WELLBEING OF THE ATHLETE?

But then if your question is asking you about the main focus question then I assume you can just talk about how can physical preparation (the first dot point) which consist of 4 dash points can help the athlete to enhance their wellbeing. For example, pre-screening will significantly help the coach to identify their fitness levels, medical history which can cause serious issues if it's mismanaged etc. This can also help the coach in assessment of the health status of the person before they start to train in a particular program etc. (Then finish the three dash points)

DO NOT FORGET TO GIVE EXAMPLES THAT ARE RELATED TO THE SPORT THAT YOU ARE DOING. 

Then after addressing physical preparation, I guess you can mention how knowing about sports policy and the sports environment (which is the other dot point under that second focus question) can help the athletes to enhance wellbeing! For example, using protective equipment can obviously help prevent injuries etc. Just do not forget to give examples.

THEN THEN THEN you can finish the last dot point by following the same steps :)
 I hope this helps!!  :'( I totally can feel your pain and I know how demanding the subject is ugh ajfadjlaj;flka it's just so much to remember