Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 06, 2024, 05:52:27 am

Author Topic: Edrolo Textbook for 3/4  (Read 2178 times)  Share 

redset8

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Edrolo Textbook for 3/4
« on: November 02, 2020, 11:33:55 am »
Hi,

Our school is switching to Edrolo textbooks next year for 3/4 Chemistry (we've been using Heinemann). Anyone here have experience with the edrolo textbook? Should I find a copy of 3/4 Heinemann Chemistry 2 to reference?

Thanks.

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
Re: Edrolo Textbook for 3/4
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2020, 12:01:33 pm »
+2
Hi,

Our school is switching to Edrolo textbooks next year for 3/4 Chemistry (we've been using Heinemann). Anyone here have experience with the edrolo textbook? Should I find a copy of 3/4 Heinemann Chemistry 2 to reference?

Thanks.

Heyy! My class used the Edrolo textbooks this year, and they were fairly good! Most of the content was very concise, and explaining quite clearly. My favourite part was definetly the questions, they are quite tricky/more exam style, but really good to do thorughout the year.

However, I do reccomend having the Heinemann textbook as a digital one for reference, we did too. Some Edrolo explanations are quite shallow, so it would be good to have Heinemann as well.

The Cat In The Hat

• MOTM: NOV 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Do all to the glory of God. - 1 Corinthians 10:31
  • Respect: +344
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2020, 12:36:15 pm »
My class used the Edrolo textbooks this year too. While I dropped out of Chem fairly early and thus didn't get the full experience of it, I felt the questions were its real strong point - I wished there were such for other classes, with questions that both mix it up and consolidate knowledge. It explained it really clearly, and so I would recommend it as a textbook. (My school also used to use Heinemann). However, I don't know the full thing, so take my advice with a grain of salt!
VCE 20
HHD MM Revs (F/R) Eng T&T
ATAR 85
Uni 21-24: BNursing/BMidwifery @ Deakin
Y1T2:
HNM102
HNN122 (double)
HNN114
I hope I don't fail....
Listens to Amira Willighagen and Alma Deutscher and a little Marjolein Acke
~English - PM for P&P/creatives help~
Creative excerpts
Nur/Mid uni journal

For Narnia and for Aslan!

she/her

Basically inactive now. May change. Have a nice day.

redset8

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2020, 03:18:44 pm »
Ah, ok, that alleviates my fears a little. Sounds like the questions are decent; in-depth/exam style questions are the ones I get the most out of. I have access to the 3/4 Heinemann, so it should be fine!