Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 01, 2024, 07:13:16 am

Author Topic: your mobile phone history  (Read 4409 times)  Share 

lala1911

Re: your mobile phone history
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2013, 12:20:54 am »
This is slightly off-topic, but it seems to me that getting a phone a few years ago was so much rewarding than now, if that makes sense?

I remember the Hiptop and LG KS360 webslider phones with the qwerty keyboards were so awesome. They were terribly slow and no one had a damn clue what operating system they were running on, but my gosh, a QWERTY keyboard. I remember my Sony Ericsson phone that was just a normal flip phone but had buttons in the front of it with (PLAY,PAUSE,STOP,NEXT).. it was like braille.. so awesome. Now even though mobile technology has advanced ever so much, even my HTC One X can't give me the same feeling compared to when I got my LG KS360 or random Nokia 3310 phone.. even though technically the HTC One X is so much better (in terms of specifications, display, operating systems, usability, build, etc).
« Last Edit: July 11, 2013, 12:22:32 am by Lala1911 »

chasej

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
Re: your mobile phone history
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2013, 01:05:33 am »
This is slightly off-topic, but it seems to me that getting a phone a few years ago was so much rewarding than now, if that makes sense?

I would agree. I think this is because we have now reached a point where as of now, current technology is just advancing in incremental updates rather than huge revolutionary changes like what happened over the last 10-20 years. It's actually quite worrying, we have allowed very large companies to take over the technology industry, and they pretty much buy all innovative startups of some importance, because of this lack of competition we may start to see less innovation.

Graduated with Bachelor of Laws (Honours) / Bachelor of Arts from Monash University in June 2020.

Completing Practical Legal Training (Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice)

Offering 2021 Tutoring in VCE Legal Studies (Awarded as Bialik College's top Legal Studies Student in 2014).

Offered via Zoom or in person across Melbourne.  Message me to discuss. Very limited places available.