Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 14, 2024, 02:17:37 am

Author Topic: Music Question Thread  (Read 84897 times)  Share 

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Music Question Thread
« Reply #150 on: September 21, 2017, 08:04:06 pm »
+1

thanks for that i received a nomination for performance today !

Wowww!! Unbelievable, well done!! Fingers crossed you get to actually perform at the Opera House!

caitlinlddouglas

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #151 on: September 21, 2017, 08:14:57 pm »
+1
Wowww!! Unbelievable, well done!! Fingers crossed you get to actually perform at the Opera House!
Thanks!! am so stoked about it

georgiia

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +8
« Reply #152 on: September 23, 2017, 04:36:58 pm »
+1
Thanks!! am so stoked about it
CONGRADULATIONS!!
I saw your post and went to check my emails and saw that i had been nominated for both music and hoc dance!!! I was just wondering though, did they specify which piece/elective you were nominated for because for dance they specified it was my major but for music theres no indication of which piece. Good luck!

DalvinT

• Trendsetter
  • We can always improve, right?
  • Respect: +3
« Reply #153 on: September 23, 2017, 11:06:06 pm »
+1
Hey! You can check out the 2016 program to get a feel for how many people get chosen, but I don't think it is static. Also keep in mind that more people than this get nominated, but NESA then selects students so as to get a mix of school types, repertoire, styles (etc). They don't want 20 boys from private schools in Sydney playing violin, for example - They want variety! :)

Criteria is basically smashing your performance/composition/viva voce. Like, surely must be 20/20, and for something like performance which everyone does, you'd need to stand out even beyond that. I've never seen an actual selection process/criteria - I'd be interested in seeing it if anyone has! ;D

Haha yeah! My teacher who is also a Senior HSC marker, said they are usually the ones that are like 25/20!!!! :O
I know a few who got nominated for DANCE AND MUSIC! SO HAPPYYYY for them !!
2017 HSC:
English Standard 91
Biology 90
Earth and Environmental Science 89
Music 1 97
Visual Arts 92
General Mathematics 2  85

ATAR : 95.15

2018-2020: Bachelor of Oral Health @ USYD

selinayinz

• Adventurer
« Reply #154 on: September 24, 2017, 08:34:43 pm »
+1
I was wondering, how many students are nominated for Encore usually? And also what is the process for nomination i.e. do the examiners submit a special form or..?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #155 on: September 24, 2017, 08:50:45 pm »
+1
I was wondering, how many students are nominated for Encore usually? And also what is the process for nomination i.e. do the examiners submit a special form or..?

Read through the last few messages! I'm honestly not sure and it looks like a mystery, ahaha! Did you get a nomination or? ;D

selinayinz

• Adventurer
« Reply #156 on: September 26, 2017, 10:54:37 am »
+1
Not yet... I haven't received a letter yet. But fingers crossed! When do they issue the letters?

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #157 on: September 26, 2017, 01:14:44 pm »
+1
Not yet... I haven't received a letter yet. But fingers crossed! When do they issue the letters?

It looks like a few people have been receiving them quite recently so fingers crossed you will receive one soon! ;D

bsdfjnlkasn

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +28
« Reply #158 on: September 27, 2017, 04:55:46 pm »
Hey guys!

Not that I was expecting to receive one, but I was wondering if anyone's heard news about NESA sending out encore nominations for composition? I know the performance ones are out, but haven't heard of anyone getting nominated for comp yet...

Let me know if you've heard anything

georgiia

• Trendsetter
« Reply #159 on: September 27, 2017, 05:17:14 pm »
+2
Hey guys!

Not that I was expecting to receive one, but I was wondering if anyone's heard news about NESA sending out encore nominations for composition? I know the performance ones are out, but haven't heard of anyone getting nominated for comp yet...

Let me know if you've heard anything

Because you don't have to film yours playing again and they have the compositions on file, they release that info when they say who got accepted for performance. Same goes for viva's I think.

Good luck! :)

caitlinlddouglas

• Trendsetter
« Reply #160 on: September 29, 2017, 07:24:07 pm »
CONGRADULATIONS!!
I saw your post and went to check my emails and saw that i had been nominated for both music and hoc dance!!! I was just wondering though, did they specify which piece/elective you were nominated for because for dance they specified it was my major but for music theres no indication of which piece. Good luck!
hey! thanks for that, they didn't specify anything, they just said i'd been nominated!

bsdfjnlkasn

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #161 on: September 30, 2017, 12:32:38 pm »
Because you don't have to film yours playing again and they have the compositions on file, they release that info when they say who got accepted for performance. Same goes for viva's I think.

Good luck! :)

Thanks you too :D

I wonder how many performance nominations they release.... because it really makes a difference if it's 100 from music 1/2/ext each or just like 100 in total (which I doubt, since that's not very many when you think about it...) hmm this is really interesting me. I don't know what the chances of getting into the actual concert are.

georgiia

• Trendsetter
« Reply #162 on: September 30, 2017, 12:49:20 pm »
Thanks you too :D

I don't thing they have a set number, they decide on the spot who gets a nomination and NESA set a cut-off before marking all the schools begins, but apparently it varies slightly and isn't necessarily full marks.

I wonder how many performance nominations they release.... because it really makes a difference if it's 100 from music 1/2/ext each or just like 100 in total (which I doubt, since that's not very many when you think about it...) hmm this is really interesting me. I don't know what the chances of getting into the actual concert are.

Well they have strict quotas so that they're not getting 15 performers from the Conservatorium or other performing arts schools. They need a balance between public, private, selective, catholic, urban, rural male and female schools. They also need diversity in the genre of the performance and in the instrument. So it isn't entirely a matter of skill but mostly relies on having a diverse programme.
Good luck though!
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 12:51:33 pm by georgiia »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
« Reply #163 on: October 01, 2017, 11:21:10 am »
Well they have strict quotas so that they're not getting 15 performers from the Conservatorium or other performing arts schools. They need a balance between public, private, selective, catholic, urban, rural male and female schools. They also need diversity in the genre of the performance and in the instrument. So it isn't entirely a matter of skill but mostly relies on having a diverse programme.
Good luck though!

Yeah exactly - The nomination itself is equally prestigious whether you actually get to perform or not, because from here it's just a little bit of luck! ;D

bsdfjnlkasn

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #164 on: October 04, 2017, 10:17:22 pm »
Hey there,

Does ANYONE know where I can find the recordings to the past Music 2 papers? I can't find them anywhere online and I really need them for the past papers!

Any advice would be seriously appreciated :) :) :)