Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 11, 2024, 02:21:54 am

Author Topic: China’s political battle with AUS  (Read 985 times)  Share 

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
China’s political battle with AUS
« on: July 09, 2018, 09:55:11 pm »
-   Chinese ambassador calls on Australia to drop 'Cold War mentality'
China is accusing Australia of having a cold war mentality, with the Aus foreign minister not trusting the Communist government with anything from defence to foreign aid. 
Australia's Bishop says Chinese lending can undermine Pacific sovereignty

If you’ve been tuned in with the news, you’d know that the relationship between Aus and China hasn’t exactly been cosy, since the Rudd era.. from the allegations of Chinese spies, Chinese influences on government, etc.

Here just some example of Australia’s mistrust with China:
-    Huawei, has been banned from being allowed to take part in a rollout of 5G and the NBN.
-   This is due to its links to the Chinese military and government. Under the 4G network, Huawei IS involved , but only for the radio  components and not the core.
-    Fraying Australia and China relations face testing times in Canberra
-   The Aus govt did phase out Chinese phones as the US said that they posed as security risks
-    The AUs defence has banned the NBN from supplying Chinese phones
-   Huawei has been banned from building Internet cables to the Soloman islands
-   Chinese bids were banned from buying the NSW electricity grid
-   Sam dastyari being ousted for links to China!
-   Cyber security experts calling Huawei a security risk

Is this the start of a “new” Cold War? Do you see things getting better?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2018, 09:57:05 pm by EEEEEEP »

Melbourne Bye School

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: China’s political battle with AUS
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 01:32:18 am »
No, it’s not going to be better and it never will.

I’m not going to comment on the accusations of China being involved in Australian politics but what I will say that there has been an obvious increase in sinophobia towards Chinese Australians and Chinese migrants.

It’s not only that, Australia has a whole is yes multicultural but this does mean that society is accepting of these cultures.

This media bias against China is pretty disappointing as it has inevitably lead to this social bias against anything Chinese in Australian society right now. It’s especially disppointing to see that Chinese Australians are copping this hate for no reason.

3D waffle

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +27
Re: China’s political battle with AUS
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2018, 05:39:13 pm »
Australia's and China's trade relationship is still strong!(but it is under threat)
Other than that I completely agree with Melbourne School Bye... i can only see things going downhill...And as China is a superpower things may get a bit rocky for Australia