Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 01:55:55 pm

Author Topic: Module C Related Text for Brave New World  (Read 1803 times)

shaney112

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Module C Related Text for Brave New World
« on: July 19, 2017, 10:59:05 pm »
Hi,

Is there anything wrong with me using a non-fiction article as a related text for Brave New World in the topic of People and Politics?
The article that I found, demonstrates good links to social castes being imposed upon people and it also discusses the oppression of certain groups of individuals known as the 'burakumin' by the Japanese government.
I'm just concerned that a non-fiction article may not be an approporiate form for a related text.

Thanks so much  :) :) :)

dancing phalanges

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +312
Re: Module C Related Text for Brave New World
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 11:07:39 pm »
+2
Absolutely not! In fact it is suggested you do a different type of text to BNW as your related, so not a novel. I would suggest a speech as I think it has the quotes necessary to give your essay some substance whilst there's also been some great ones for politics over the years. An article is definitely fine too. Although I would pick something with, as I said quotes or techniques to compliment the study of People and Politics as it is an English essay. But otherwise that is 100% fine!
HSC 2017 (ATAR 98.95) - English Advanced (94), English Extension 1 (48), Modern History (94), Studies of Religion 1 (48), Visual Arts (95), French Continuers (92)

Download our free discovery trial paper!

elysepopplewell

• HSC Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "Hey little fighter, soon it will be brighter."
  • Respect: +970
Re: Module C Related Text for Brave New World
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2017, 11:16:46 am »
+1
Just here to support and add to dancing phalanges:

When choosing your RT, it's important you play to your strengths. You don't have control over the medium of your prescribed text, but you surely can choose a text type you are comfortable with for your related! So this sounds like a plan :)
Not sure how to navigate around ATAR Notes? Check out this video!