Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 27, 2024, 08:07:34 pm

Author Topic: VCE Music Performance vs. VCE 20th Century History  (Read 360 times)  Share 

hmv19

• Adventurer
  • Try and fail, but never fail to try.
  • Respect: 0
VCE Music Performance vs. VCE 20th Century History
« on: January 30, 2020, 06:15:04 pm »
Hello, everyone! Just wanted to ask a question since I've been pretty stressed and have observed ATARNotes forums to be immensely helpful.

To briefly introduce myself: I am a Year 11 student who took Units 1/2 Legal Studies last year. Currently, I am continuing to Units 3/4 whilst picking up: English, Literature, Methods, Psychology and... that's where it stops. I'm attending Music Performance classes since I have taken piano lessons since Year 7, but I'm not sure I'm getting the "vibe."  8) If that makes any sense. The teacher is nice, the class is fun, but lessons still feel like some sort of chore.

There are two more weeks to change a Unit 1/2 subject. Should I move to VCE History?Should I give Music a chance? Would my subjects be too Humanities-based if I were to transfer to VCE History? Another option would be to pick Chemistry, would it be too difficult for me? Ok, maybe that was a bad question.

Please give me some tips! I am in a predicament and I feel peeved... at myself.

Thank you!  :)
KLD Class of 2021
2020: Legal Studies [38]
2021: English [37], Mathematical Methods [34], Psychology [34], Revolutions [33], Deakin Accelerate Law [4.0]
|| 87.80 ||

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: VCE Music Performance vs. VCE 20th Century History
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2020, 06:22:08 pm »
+2
Really depends what you enjoy more and what you think you'll do well in. I personally did 20th century history and really enjoyed it so would probably choose that but it depends whether you'd enjoy going to music or history more.

Have you had a chat to the teachers of the subjects to get an idea of which one might be a better fit for you?

hmv19

• Adventurer
  • Try and fail, but never fail to try.
  • Respect: 0
Re: VCE Music Performance vs. VCE 20th Century History
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2020, 08:05:00 pm »
Thank you for the speedy reply!

I haven't approached the History teacher (there's only one), but now that you mention it, I think that I should. Thanks for that.

Likewise, I haven't discussed this with my Music teacher either. Mostly because I feel guilty for "ditching" their prized subject. I get that it's pretty essential to get the communication down pat though; I'll get onto it immediately!

The thing is, I'm not sure whether I'd like 20th Century History... I've always done well in it, but haven't immersed myself in the subject enough to say that I've enjoyed it.

May I ask what subjects you took I'm Year 11/12? And did your subjects correlate with what you ended up choosing as a potential career path?

Thank you! Anyone else who can offer some tips are very welcome to :)

KLD Class of 2021
2020: Legal Studies [38]
2021: English [37], Mathematical Methods [34], Psychology [34], Revolutions [33], Deakin Accelerate Law [4.0]
|| 87.80 ||