Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 28, 2024, 04:12:02 am

Author Topic: khad's journey to that sweet, sweet 99.95  (Read 27673 times)

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
  • Respect: +60
Re: khad's journey to that sweet, sweet 99.95
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2020, 06:51:23 pm »
+3
hey khad, I can totally relate to losing your rhythm, my school also made years 9 and 10 so fun, so the transition to year 11 was initially difficult but it does get better.

Regarding your bio sac, the best advice would be to just try to forget about it after you've done it. Sometimes peoples nerves can get on you as well and that feeling sucks. How are you enjoying the content in bio rn? Easy, Hard? If you've read the study design what topic are you looking most forward to studying in bio? For me personally it is the immunity section (although i've heard from people in the past that is the hardest lol)

PS: (READ YOUR ENGLISH NOVELS!)

the content in bio so far is pleasant, aside from protein synthesis, because that's so much to unpack. i feel like every single thing in bio is linked together, so you have to constantly revise but it isn't much work revision wise?? i have no idea if that makes sense or not though, but i do happen to be enjoying bio!!

the topic i'm looking forward to the most is human change over time. no idea why, but evolution fascinates me so much. immunity is also something i'm looking forward to but i'm more hyped for unit 4 in all honesty.

+ i will never read my novels hehehe
taking a break.

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2020, 07:35:04 pm »
+8
yall i forgot that some people acc not only just care about school
personal update (10/03/2020):
- i had my birthday on the 1st of feb (yEs im a month late i am aware) and i actually had a lot of fun OwO
- skipped swimming carnival because ummmm i live too far away from the cbd to leave around 6pm and then be expected to go to school the next day because chances are im gonna get home at 9pm
- also my little sister is hardly 10 and she can bake like a gOD like i could never (i prefer cooking way more to baking)
- fun fact: found out that daiso has highlighters (unfortunately only 10) similar to mildliners. so if you're like me, way too cheap for their own good, there's a bargain
- guYS I FOUND A SKINCARE ROUTINE THAT WORKS
Spoiler
ok here is how we go:
- glycolic acid scrub 14% (i KNOW ITS VERY HIGH BUT IT REALLY WORKS FOR ME BUT PLEASE KNOW IT DOES NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE)
- 3 in 1 garnier scrub, using it as a 2 in 1 cleanser and exfoliator at this point (the regular one because the charcoal one smells nasTY)
- this neutrogena soap that i got from overseas as a cleanser (no i am not selling soap illegally, i'll gladly sell some toilet paper)
- going back to that 3 in 1 garnier scrub thing but as a mask (wow, so damn revolutionary)
- wash that off with neutrogena one more time ladies and gents
- neutrogena hydroboost gel mask with hyaluronic acid (ok if you buy this mask it has flaps that go OVER your eyelids and lips which is so weird but vv moisturising)
- vaseline (YES VASELINE DONT COME FOR ME) on my eyelids, lashes and lips + anything that seems really dry
- aloe vera gel for my face and neck
- and if my skin is REALLY dry then some rosehip oil

now some things about the products i use:
- glycolic acid is a VERY harsh ingredient and if you know your skincare, you know 14% is way too high. yes, i do have permission from a professional that i can use this specific scrub so please do not go seeking for this product without consultation because this can cause damage to your skin
- the garnier 3 in 1 product is NOT for everyone. it just happens to work for me but for some people, it can be harsh. on top of that, the mask says to leave it on for five minutes, but i leave it on for twenty because i see no adverse side effects and it just works much better at that point for ME (see how i'm saying for me, and not for you??)
- vaseline on your lashes and brows along with castor oil wiLL MAKE THEM GROW. i already have naturally curly and long lashes so it doesnt worry me too much but i swear it works
- i hardly use any peel off masks and when i do its just for fun (any skincare guru on youtube will tell you why they arent the best)
- i only use pore strips in case my nose really wont be vibing with my routine (combo skin be like-)

ok rant time from an angry person (with surprisingly correct grammar this time):
I am so sick of how childish and inappropriate some people are at our school. Chances are, most of you know what school I go to by now (if not, too bad uwu) and you're thinking "wow, from YOUR school?" Yes, from my school. Every year we have a Red Cross Calling event, where you either skip some of the school day or go afterschool on the streets with coin shakers and ask for money. Basically, you're the people who hand out UberEats cards except the money goes to a better place(?). So, this is a really popular event that happens in our school once a year and by popular, I mean like if one of the Kardashians was having a free meet and greet at Fed Square. So a friend and I decided that we will wait and then put our names on the Google Sheet for the 8:30 slot. Well, there were over 300 people on it and my computer and phone crashed along with my friend's. So we were panicking and they sent out the email again. I still remember being the first person on one specific box on the 8:30 slot and I put my name and my friend's name. I'm just sitting there, observing the sheet. And then, ladies and gentlemen, I see someone highlight my name (if you don't know, you can see whatever anyone does on a google suite thing if it's shared with them), and deletes it. Then they delete my friend's. These weren't the people who were organising the event. No, they were actual students deleting names off of the sheet so they could put it there. My friend and I were forced to go to a much later slot and, yes, I know at the end of the day it is for charity, HOWEVER, it is incredibly childish, in my opinion, to actually go ahead and do that. The committee who organised this apologised because they saw the entire shitshow that was Red Cross Calling signups. I'm glad I have the opportunity to do this, because there are so many people who missed out. But at a school like mine, surely you'd think common decency would be common. buT I GUESS NOT :)))))

anywAys i kind of want to change my format because it is a bit boring and i just want to make it more engaging for you guys and if these personal updates; do you guys want them on a separate post or just on the same post?

have a good day!! <33
taking a break.

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2020, 08:14:26 pm »
+3
- also my little sister is hardly 10 and she can bake like a gOD like i could never (i prefer cooking way more to baking)
Your sister is on another level of awesomeness. Like BRUH now that is something I absolutely admire!! ;D

- fun fact: found out that daiso has highlighters (unfortunately only 10) similar to mildliners. so if you're like me, way too cheap for their own good, there's a bargain
These are literal gifts sent by the gods. Can we just give a round of applause to Daiso for being the shop it is? I've been using these for years and by far have been my favourite! (Mildliners are soooooo pricey!)

Every year we have a Red Cross Calling event, where you either skip some of the school day or go afterschool on the streets with coin shakers and ask for money. Basically, you're the people who hand out UberEats cards except the money goes to a better place(?). So, this is a really popular event that happens in our school once a year and by popular, I mean like if one of the Kardashians was having a free meet and greet at Fed Square. So a friend and I decided that we will wait and then put our names on the Google Sheet for the 8:30 slot. Well, there were over 300 people on it and my computer and phone crashed along with my friend's. So we were panicking and they sent out the email again. I still remember being the first person on one specific box on the 8:30 slot and I put my name and my friend's name. I'm just sitting there, observing the sheet. And then, ladies and gentlemen, I see someone highlight my name (if you don't know, you can see whatever anyone does on a google suite thing if it's shared with them), and deletes it. Then they delete my friend's. These weren't the people who were organising the event. No, they were actual students deleting names off of the sheet so they could put it there. My friend and I were forced to go to a much later slot and, yes, I know at the end of the day it is for charity, HOWEVER, it is incredibly childish, in my opinion, to actually go ahead and do that. The committee who organised this apologised because they saw the entire shitshow that was Red Cross Calling signups. I'm glad I have the opportunity to do this, because there are so many people who missed out. But at a school like mine, surely you'd think common decency would be common. buT I GUESS NOT :)))))

I literally heard about this and my lord, that is seriously out of control! Like hOW DOes thAT HappEN??
You would think from the outside, people can show some common sense, but till you get to see the inside out, you start to get surprised on what really is going on. It is such a scandal what some people will try to pull just to get their way. You did the right thing by being fair, but then there are some people out there that take advantage of certain situations and use it for their own good.

(btw, I love your skin care routine! Sounds good and I sort of what to try something similar to it now~I kinda like the personal updates on a separate post because it means I can get my popcorn ready before I start reading it lol)

Thanks for updating Khad! Hope to see another update in the future~~

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2020, 08:39:35 pm »
+3
i feel like every single thing in bio is linked together, so you have to constantly revise but it isn't much work revision wise?? i have no idea if that makes sense or not 

Yes, so far everything we have learnt is linked, which honestly makes revising way easier.

Human evolution is also really fascinating, right after immunity in my book's, but it's great your enjoying your 3/4! 
2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2020, 11:09:31 am »
+2
Your sister is on another level of awesomeness. Like BRUH now that is something I absolutely admire!! ;D

sorry but anyone who's a professional baker can not even compare

These are literal gifts sent by the gods. Can we just give a round of applause to Daiso for being the shop it is? I've been using these for years and by far have been my favourite! (Mildliners are soooooo pricey!)
/quote]

oh my gOd mildliners are so pretty but too expensive but i need to somehow fulfil my stationery addiction and daiso saved my life

I literally heard about this and my lord, that is seriously out of control! Like hOW DOes thAT HappEN??
You would think from the outside, people can show some common sense, but till you get to see the inside out, you start to get surprised on what really is going on. It is such a scandal what some people will try to pull just to get their way. You did the right thing by being fair, but then there are some people out there that take advantage of certain situations and use it for their own good.

RRC signups is a shitshow and hopefully they manage it better in future years otherwise itll get worse

btw, I love your skin care routine! Sounds good and I sort of what to try something similar to it now~I kinda like the personal updates on a separate post because it means I can get my popcorn ready before I start reading it lol

omg thank you!! but like if you or anyone else wants to try something similar to my skin routine or have the same one, just know that the products i use can be really harsh chemically and physically and if you want me to actually take photos of the products id be more than happy to!! also ill keep in mind about personal updates on another post hehe <33
« Last Edit: April 13, 2020, 06:13:15 pm by kjistsehrtot »
taking a break.

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #95 on: April 20, 2020, 06:55:16 pm »
+6
haha i forgot about this for a bit

20/04/2020 (blaze it)
- ladies and gentlemen, I no longer have ANY motivation!!1! :D
- seriously, i have no motivation anymore and it's frustrating because all of my work and studying is being compromised, so any tips on how to gain even a small amount will be greatly appreciated :,))

bio:
Spoiler
i am able to get my sac mark back, but did i forget to ask? ofc i did!! also i haven't submitted my holiday hw yet because i haven't even done half of it, so guess who'll be rushing to complete that tonight? that's right, mE. my teacher did ask if i was ok but i didn't respond because im hella embarrassed and angry at myself for not doing it so im just gonna do it and tell her i was being lazy and it wont happen again. legit i can NOT slack off in this at all and just bc it happened once doesn't mean i cant recover and not do it ever again.

methods:
Spoiler
ok im doing quite alright with transformations and everything, so ill be sticking to just doing the homework.practice questions

spesh:
Spoiler
holy shit i definitely am dropping this next year. this is far too much for me. if you've been reading since last year, you'll know how much work i got in german. well, turns out spesh is exactly like that. literally i hate this sm, im going to try and study, but its frustrating since majority of our class is methods 3/4 and she assumes EVERYONE, including methods 1/2, knows whats going on and its just too much. does anyone do further and what are their thoughts on it? would i have any issues from spesh 1/2 to further 3/4 next year? or is it best for me to study general 1/2 over the break to catch up?

chem:
Spoiler
literally, if it wasn't for tutoring, id be failing chem. i know i should be listening to my teacher in class out of respect, but i cant. its not because im that person whos like "uM mY tUtOr HaS gOnE tHrOuGh ThiS sO i DoNt HaVe To LiSteN". its because the teacher explains it in such a confusing way, even my prior knowledge gets mixed up. hence, i zone out or just do questions during class or tutoring wok relevant to the lesson. i feel bad but at the same time, id rather do something productive than nothing in class. honest thoughts on this?

english:
Spoiler
LOVE THIS MY GOD THE ONLY SUBJECT I AM DOING WELL. we are currently reading the play "stolen" and it is absolutely heart breaking, however, it is so much fun to analyse, because practically everything can be and everything has a powerful meaning. literally love this so much

accounting:
Spoiler
im doing alright in accounting, like i feel like i can do much better, but like with my attitude of "you don't need accounting 1/2 to do 3/4 its all g" + my current lack of motivation = don't do anything unless you have to. an abhorrent situation, so hopefully i can get over this slump real quick.

my opinion on online schooling:
can you believe all the homeschool kids are mocking us for complaining about online school? never thought this day would come oof. my school often runs a day or two where we do have "school from home", which was always kind of fun. but now that it is every day, i hate it. no longer can i have in-depth discussions with any of my classmates or teachers. i live quite far from my school (the only upside being no more 1hr+ travel time) and i often saw my friends at school, so now i cant even see them which sucks eggs. however, we have to deal with this for now, due to the current situation. plus, i think we should consider ourselves lucky, since some schools (not in Australia, or maybe even here) can't even continue to learn with their teacher or classmates in some way like this. in conclusion, it sucks, but let's suck it up uwu.

i do have three things to ask of you guys, if you don't mind:

1. how can i gain even a small amount of motivation? (a small amount does a LOT for me seriously)
2. they say you don't need general to do further, but further kids, is that true?
3. what are your thoughts on someone doing work similar/other than the classwork the teacher is currently doing in the class at the time in front of them?

stay safe, hydrated, healthy and wash your hands <33
« Last Edit: May 18, 2020, 10:37:17 am by kjistsehrtot »
taking a break.

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #96 on: April 20, 2020, 07:19:50 pm »
+6

1. how can i gain even a small amount of motivation? (a small amount does a LOT for me seriously)
2. they say you don't need general to do further, but further kids, is that true?
3. what are your thoughts on someone doing work similar/other than the classwork the teacher is currently doing in the class at the time in front of them?

1. This is a really tough question. I had a period during my year 12 where I had absolutely 0 motivation for about two weeks straight in term 3. I did not open my bag a single time at home during those two weeks. Got home, ate, messed around and slept. Quite literally 0 work done. In my case, this was simply a result of the inevitable burn out. I honestly don't know what got me back on track. It just happened. If you're feeling a sort of slump like I did I would honestly just try and ride it out. We all need a break from time to time and this won't always happen at a convenient time.

Other than that, while I know this is drilled into eye-rolling students all the time, it is honestly so important to get some sort of exercise and fresh air. This did wonders for my productivity and counter-intuitively gave me MORE energy. Highly recommend going out for a walk at the very least daily.

2. You do not need to do general to do further. While the content covered is quite similar and the general students might have more background knowledge going into the subject, the content is quite manageable so you will not be disadvantaged if you work at it.

3.  This is something that will vary from teacher to teacher. I think it's firstly important to respect that the teacher is there for you and puts in a lot of work before the class to ensure they can teach you what you need to know. That said, teachers are often also very understanding and flexible in terms of this aspect as long as you can show that you are doing what you need to do.

For me personally, I worked decently hard in the summer holidays leading up to year 12 and was roughly a month ahead in my subjects other than English. My teachers were very accommodating as they knew I had done all the homework before it was even set and I was not messing around in class. For this reason (and my performance on assessments), with my teachers' permission, I was allowed to work at my own pace with earphones in ignoring what was going on in class. I should mention that I still made sure I only worked on that specific subject's content. I.e I didn't start doing Methods work in Chemistry. I would have felt that I was disrespecting my teacher if I did that.

This was a massive privilege and I was very fortunate to have teachers that would allow this. Not all teachers would let you do this and in my opinion, it is completely understandable.

Ultimately I think it will depend on both your teacher and the reason why you feel that you need an exception to do other work during the class. If you feel you have a reason that is good enough, definitely approach your teacher and negotiate something. Teachers are actually very kind people!
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #97 on: April 20, 2020, 07:35:00 pm »
+3
1. This is a really tough question. I had a period during my year 12 where I had absolutely 0 motivation for about two weeks straight in term 3. I did not open my bag a single time at home during those two weeks. Got home, ate, messed around and slept. Quite literally 0 work done. In my case, this was simply a result of the inevitable burn out. I honestly don't know what got me back on track. It just happened. If you're feeling a sort of slump like I did I would honestly just try and ride it out. We all need a break from time to time and this won't always happen at a convenient time.

Other than that, while I know this is drilled into eye-rolling students all the time, it is honestly so important to get some sort of exercise and fresh air. This did wonders for my productivity and counter-intuitively gave me MORE energy. Highly recommend going out for a walk at the very least daily.

every time I've been in a slump I have done that and it does always work hahaha. maybe I'm just panicking because its VCE and we're currently in a weird situation and everything. but yes, I need to get more fresh air and exercise so I can quickly get out of this

3.  This is something that will vary from teacher to teacher. I think it's firstly important to respect that the teacher is there for you and puts in a lot of work before the class to ensure they can teach you what you need to know. That said, teachers are often also very understanding and flexible in terms of this aspect as long as you can show that you are doing what you need to do.

For me personally, I worked decently hard in the summer holidays leading up to year 12 and was roughly a month ahead in my subjects other than English. My teachers were very accommodating as they knew I had done all the homework before it was even set and I was not messing around in class. For this reason (and my performance on assessments), with my teachers' permission, I was allowed to work at my own pace with earphones in ignoring what was going on in class. I should mention that I still made sure I only worked on that specific subject's content. I.e I didn't start doing Methods work in Chemistry. I would have felt that I was disrespecting my teacher if I did that.

This was a massive privilege and I was very fortunate to have teachers that would allow this. Not all teachers would let you do this and in my opinion, it is completely understandable.

Ultimately I think it will depend on both your teacher and the reason why you feel that you need an exception to do other work during the class. If you feel you have a reason that is good enough, definitely approach your teacher and negotiate something. Teachers are actually very kind people!

I have a short attention span, so I end up doing other things in class sometimes that isn't what we are doing. however, I always try and keep it to the subject. my teacher is aware that I do know the things he covers in class, but I can't help but feel bad that I still don't listen, since he does work really hard to prepare notes and a presentation for every topic. however, I don't want to sit in a class and not be mentally stimulated (omg that sounds so weird). it does give me some reassurance though, that what I'm doing might not necessarily be disrespectful
taking a break.

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #98 on: April 20, 2020, 08:42:14 pm »
+4
Hi Khad, ;D

You won't believe how excited I got when I saw a new update

20/04/2020 (blaze it)
- seriously, i have no motivation anymore and it's frustrating because all of my work and studying is being compromised, so any tips on how to gain even a small amount will be greatly appreciated :,))

Let's get that motivation back on track!! *Proceeds to give you bags of motivation*
Don't worry, we all have our times when we don't feel like doing anything, but little baby steps are good even if they are not much as they do lead up to a big achievement in the end. ;)
Maybe make a mini checklist and once you get something done, REWARD YOURSELF WITH FOOD

I think motivation wise, it's just a matter of finding yourself? What I mean by that is what your future goals are and just taking small steps at a time and giving yourself time to breathe. Very hard to stay motivated if you burn out too quickly so try and be active and stay healthy (I'm such a bad role model for this bit here). it's about finding the motivation in yourself and I totally get you, sometimes my friends are super motivated and I'm like 'where on Earth did you get that spirit from?' but really it comes down to personal goals and future aspirations. Sometimes it might be just talking to someone and seeing their perspective or just having a breather. I think the best thing I've ever learnt from someone is that if you don't feel like doing anything, literally don't do anything.

Further bro, you don't need anything 100%. Maybe knowing how to do spreadsheets on CAS but that's literally it.

In regards to your third point, it really depends on the situation. I personally would work with your teacher on this one. For most of my classes right now, I'm quite ahead in everything and what I try to do is regularly talk to my teachers and find what the class plan in for the term. In methods (this was about a month ago), I told my teacher how far ahead I was and the next day, she literally brought in 7 freshly printed exams and dumped them right on my desk as she taught the rest of the class. I'm really grateful to have understanding teachers and its just a matter of communication and being respectful of one another. I would never do another subject in a certain class as its really sad for the poor teacher and secondly because you usually learn more in the second go I try to interact in certain classes if I can. ;D

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #99 on: April 21, 2020, 02:29:25 pm »
+3
Maybe make a mini checklist and once you get something done, REWARD YOURSELF WITH FOOD

siS I EAT FOOD ALL DAY I NEED TO NOT

Further bro, you don't need anything 100%. Maybe knowing how to do spreadsheets on CAS but that's literally it.

In regards to your third point, it really depends on the situation. I personally would work with your teacher on this one. For most of my classes right now, I'm quite ahead in everything and what I try to do is regularly talk to my teachers and find what the class plan in for the term. In methods (this was about a month ago), I told my teacher how far ahead I was and the next day, she literally brought in 7 freshly printed exams and dumped them right on my desk as she taught the rest of the class. I'm really grateful to have understanding teachers and its just a matter of communication and being respectful of one another. I would never do another subject in a certain class as its really sad for the poor teacher and secondly because you usually learn more in the second go I try to interact in certain classes if I can. ;D

alright so so far a lot of people are telling me the same things about further so I'm less concerned about that now so that's good. my chem teacher doesn't really offer me any extra work so i take it upon myself to do questions related to the class or tutoring work and he doesn't seem to mind tbh but like i just don't want to be a rat of a student that's all

You won't believe how excited I got when I saw a new update

i absolutely refUSE to believe that (dw tho the personal update is coming soon hehe)

EDIT: WOW HAPPY 100TH REPLY
taking a break.

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2020, 09:58:17 am »
+4
personal update (22/04/2020):
- i may not have done any work in the holidays, but i sure have made a new skincare routine
Spoiler
- your girl double cleanses now (sukin cream cleanser + overseas neutrogena water-based soap)
- gentle sukin exfoliator + pixi AHA/BHA exfoliator (if my skin is really acting up, then our 14% glycolic acid and 3 in 1 garnier face wash)
- spray on toner (innisfree or sukin)
- mositurise!1! (sukin facial moisturiser or face oil if my face is dry)
- sunscreen if i decide to go out and get some exercise but that never happens hehe
- so i spent an hour and a half on my makeup, playing around with the e girl blush look anddddd it just looks like me on a hot day and it is cute but my expectations were too high
- also sort of a flex but i can't put on falsies properly because my eyelashes are too long and curly (naturally- I'm sorry) and they get in the way
- so if anyone has any tips on putting falsies on that'd be great
- oh yes i finished my bio holiday hw yesterday that was very cool
- i cooked quite a bit (fried rice, pasta, shepherd's pie, biryani, etc.)
- i tRIED baking but I'm just gonna leave that for my little sister because i can not tolerate it

well, that's it for now. if i wanna share anything else I'll put it onto this post. until next time,

stay safe everyone <33
taking a break.

a weaponized ikea chair

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +12
« Reply #101 on: April 28, 2020, 08:02:30 am »
+1

20/04/2020 (blaze it)

bio:
Spoiler
i am able to get my sac mark back, but did i forget to ask? ofc i did!! also i haven't submitted my holiday hw yet because i haven't even done half of it, so guess who'll be rushing to complete that tonight? that's right, mE. my teacher did ask if i was ok but i didn't respond because im hella embarrassed and angry at myself for not doing it so im just gonna do it and tell her i was being lazy and it wont happen again. legit i can NOT slack off in this at all and just bc it happened once doesn't mean i cant recover and not do it ever again.

methods:
Spoiler
ok im doing quite alright with transformations and everything, so ill be sticking to just doing the homework.practice questions

spesh:
Spoiler
holy shit i definitely am dropping this next year. this is far too much for me. if you've been reading since last year, you'll know how much work i got in german. well, turns out spesh is exactly like that. literally i hate this sm, im going to try and study, but its frustrating since majority of our class is methods 3/4 and she assumes EVERYONE, including methods 1/2, knows whats going on and its just too much. does anyone do further and what are their thoughts on it? would i have any issues from spesh 1/2 to further 3/4 next year? or is it best for me to study general 1/2 over the break to catch up?

chem:
Spoiler
literally, if it wasn't for tutoring, id be failing chem. i know i should be listening to my teacher in class out of respect, but i cant. its not because im that person whos like "uM mY tUtOr HaS gOnE tHrOuGh ThiS sO i DoNt HaVe To LiSteN". its because the teacher explains it in such a confusing way, even my prior knowledge gets mixed up. hence, i zone out or just do questions during class or tutoring wok relevant to the lesson. i feel bad but at the same time, id rather do something productive than nothing in class. honest thoughts on this?

english:
Spoiler
LOVE THIS MY GOD THE ONLY SUBJECT I AM DOING WELL. we are currently reading the play "stolen" and it is absolutely heart breaking, however, it is so much fun to analyse, because practically everything can be and everything has a powerful meaning. literally love this so much

accounting:
Spoiler
im doing alright in accounting, like i feel like i can do much better, but like with my attitude of "you don't need accounting 1/2 to do 3/4 its all g" + my current lack of motivation = don't do anything unless you have to. an abhorrent situation, so hopefully i can get over this slump real quick.

my opinion on online schooling:
can you believe all the homeschool kids are mocking us for complaining about online school? never thought this day would come oof. my school often runs a day or two where we do have "school from home", which was always kind of fun. but now that it is every day, i hate it. no longer can i have in-depth discussions with any of my classmates or teachers. i live quite far from my school (the only upside being no more 1hr+ travel time) and i often saw my friends at school, so now i cant even see them which sucks eggs. however, we have to deal with this for now, due to the current situation. plus, i think we should consider ourselves lucky, since some schools (not in Australia, or maybe even here) can't even continue to learn with their teacher or classmates in some way like this. in conclusion, it sucks, but let's suck it up uwu.

stay safe, hydrated, healthy and wash your hands <33

What separates the people who do well and understand spesh from the people who don't? Asking from the perspective of a year 10 student wanting to do spesh next year  :)

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #102 on: April 30, 2020, 02:18:57 pm »
+4
What separates the people who do well and understand spesh from the people who don't? Asking from the perspective of a year 10 student wanting to do spesh next year  :)

in my opinion, spesh is supposed to be challenging and a lot of work and dedication needs to go into it. one thing that throws me off the most is the way questions are worded and worded problems in general. along with that, i find the reason as to why I'm struggling in spesh a lot is because majority of my class is doing methods 3/4, while a few of us are doing 1/2 so our teacher assumes that we all know what she's talking about when in reality some of us don't. like i said, that's a personal issue of mine, however, i feel as though you need to spend a lot of time and effort on spesh. a friend of mine called chopsticks can provide you with some more insight since we are in the same spesh class at school <33
taking a break.

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #103 on: July 21, 2020, 09:12:29 am »
+10
usual: "lets forget that i forgot about this for a hot second" tidbit

21/07/2020

hello i hope we are all doing quite well during these trying times, especially to the vce kids out there (dandrews really said "vce kids who?"). lets just get straight into what I've been doing for the past three months in each subject

biology 3/4:
since we have completed unit 3 and began unit 4 this semester (which is quite late compared to some other schools), i thought i would give a rating out of ten for each topic we did:
cell membrane + transport: 7, basic easy stuff from 1/2
biomacromolecules: 9.5, super easy to grasp imo
gene expression: 6, it's just quite a bit
enzymes/biochemical pathways: 9, also quite easy to grasp
cellular respiration: 7, not that bad uwu
photosynthesis: 6, what even is a GAP molecule idk
cellular signals: 8, easy to get, kind of boring
immunity (overall): 3, there's so much content and it took me forever to understand bc I'm dumb

so what have i done for the past three months in bio? "good question" - Shrek. jk i made summary sheets for each and every chapter and decided to memorise them. i know i knOW, rote learning is apparently forbidden but it just helps me sm more in answering questions. i also did every single chapter review question in the Heinemann textbook (idk why we don't use the textbook but yeah haha) and just a few vcaa practice exams. my sac's went pretty ok, but i don't really want to talk about those since it just stresses me out way too much (you can pm me since I'm more comfortable talking about it there).

I've just been doing my tutoring homework and for anyone who is considering doing tutoring for bio 3/4, please remember it's as if you're taking on an extra subject (if you do it seriously). but so far it's going great. at tutoring we're basically halfway done with unit 4? I'm so shook because we just started unit 4 this semester. i thought evolution was great at first then we moved on to gene technology and my god, what was wrong with me? evolution really is just a pain in the ass.

chemistry 1/2:
i hated chemistry in year 9 and 10, mainly because my teacher wasn't the greatest and i couldn't fully learn from him. now in year 11 (and because of tutoring oOp) i actually understand? even my chem teacher that i said confused me even more isn't confusing me anymore? this is acc amazing right now I'm so happy about this. lets do a quick review of each topic it from chem:

elements + the periodic table: 8, it's quite standard but a bit boring imo
metals + ionic compounds: 8, also same reason as above
moles and other calculations: 11, yes 11/10, it's such an easy idea to grasp
non-metals: 6, confused me so much when we first did them
organic chemistry + polymers: 9.5, a lot to remember but it's quite interesting

again, i feel like if you do tutoring, you should take it as seriously as you would for another subject to get the best outcome if you do struggle in the subject. my chem tutor is amazing and helped me learn everything that i could have possibly missed in year 9 and 10 and i don't think my school could've helped me with that so i greatly appreciate her for spending time with me <33

methods 1/2:
honestly... i hate methods. it's not that it's bad. i just hate it i have no idea why. my teacher is a literal god, like he explains a concept and it's just stuck with me for the rest of my life, but i really don't like methods. "then why are you doing it". prerequisites unfortunately :(. topic run down again:

linear + quadratic relationships: 10, just consolidation uwu
domain, range + transformations: 5, just eh
functions and relations: -1, i hate this so much even though i have to use this until 3/4 methods, i just hate it
polynomials: 6.5, year 10 extension work, not even
circular functions + index laws: 5, i didn't like this in year 10, and i tried to like the unit circle, but no <3
exponentials and logarithms (cont. into semester 2): 9, logs are really interesting to me

yeah, i have no idea why i hate methods so much. in comparison to spesh it's absolute garbage imo. but for the uni prereq, i just gotta plow through (@ my future self, did you drop methods you loser?)

specialist 1/2:
remember when i said i wanted to drop spesh? yeah, i don't want to drop it anymore. like as the year went on, i actually found myself understanding spesh and being able to apply my knowledge to the questions. and i was enjoying it so much? like this is absolutely fantastic. i think i just needed to get on top of my shit and I'm so glad i did. topic run down:

trigonometry: 7, again, similar stuff in year 10
algebra: 10, nothing new, except it is more challenging which makes it more fun hehe
variation: 8, a new concept, but quite easy to grasp
sequences and series: 7.5, it's alright but there are much more interesting things in spesh
circle geometry: 5, it was just ok, i don't necessarily enjoy geometry
polar coordinates + complex numbers: 9, i never knew i could be interested in fake numbers
vectors: 7, not that hard to get, but it is quite confusing at times
kinematics (cont. into semester 2): 9, i know it's basically physics, but it's an easy concept to get and fun to apply in questions

i know i did a full 180 on my opinions of spesh, but I'm so glad i didn't drop this subject and gave it a chance because it's currently one of my favourites. anyone thinking of doing spesh, go for it!!

english mainstream 1/2:
english has just been ok so far. let's look at the topic rundown so maybe i can explain it a bit better:

the wife of martin guerre: 2, an absolute horrible book. if you haven't read this and you're excited to, don't. give up.
creative writing: 4, this was in regards to WoMG and because of my incredible dislike for this book, i hated creative writing.
Spoiler
why is martin filled with sm toxic masculinity it's so overbearing like yoU LEFT BERTRANDE FOR MORE THAN A DECADE WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHINGggGGgg
stolen: 7, a play regarding the stolen generation. there was at a point where i related to one of the characters (not going to say who sorry) that i almost started crying. even if you aren't studying this, you should try and read this
language analysis: 6, i typically don't like language analysis but i don't hate it. nevertheless, it makes me want to pick up literature instead

for me in semester 1, it really depended on what text we studied. WoMG was such an infuriating read for me. i know that during the time it had set place society was different, but it just bothered me so much. in conclusion, if i met martin, i probably would've punched him-. stolen is a bit confusing when you read it because the setting out is much more different than any other piece I've seen before (i sound like I have a PhD in english and i know what im talking about) but it is so moving to me. watch my friends read my post and make fun of me for almost crying. semester 2 is going to be a comparative writing pieces between jane austen's persuasion (50 words and we get absolutely nowhere ugh) and crazy rich asians (yes the movie, finally we can stop reading).

accounting 1/2:
have absolutely no idea what to pick as a sixth subject when your school makes you pick six? i picked spesh, but if you want an "easy" subject, go for accounting. it's very straightforward with hardly any theory (plus if you go to the same school as i do, there's only one teacher and he is amazing). quick topic rundown:

basic book-keeping: 10, anyone can do this with their eyes closed, seriously
adding GST: 10, again, nothing too different from the basics
bank reconciliations: 8, slightly confusing at first but easy after
accounts receivable + accounts payable: 8, also confusing at first but it gets better
classifying reports: 9, a bit boring but again, not the hard to get
KPI's: 7, a bit complicated, again, it becomes a breeze once you know how to do it
breakeven (cont. semester 2): 8.5, much more different than the previous accounting exercises, but not a difficult concept

for some people, accounting is incredibly boring and it becomes frustrating if you can't complete the balance sheet at the end (trust me it's so satisfying if you can do it on your first try) but if you really don't know what to do, try and give accounting a go

anyways, i hope you and your loved ones are doing well. please stay safe and hydrated <33
taking a break.