Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 15, 2024, 12:42:58 pm

Author Topic: Statement of Intention?  (Read 77569 times)  Share 

ProtonStar

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • ๏̯͡๏)
  • Respect: +8
  • School: Mount Lilydale Mercy College
  • School Grad Year: 2011
Statement of Intention?
« on: June 29, 2011, 06:35:40 pm »
I'm planning on writing a persuasive essay for an Encountering Conflict context piece. What would I need to put in my Statement of Intention? I know I need Form, Language, Audience, Purpose and Context, but I would really like to know specifically what I need to put in it. Any help will be appreciated :)
ATAR - 91.10

2012 - Bachelor of Arts at Deakin

cltf

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • You gotta be F***ing kidding.
  • Respect: +13
  • School: Camberwell Grammar School
Re: Statement of Intention?
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2011, 08:54:46 pm »
basically what, why, how
What you are writing.
How you wrote it.
Why you wrote it that way.
Camberwell Grammar School Class of 2011

ATAR: 98.65

2010: Chinese [33]
2011: English[44] Methods [41] Chemistry [42] Legal Studies [41] Viscom [48]
2012: Commerce/Law @ Monash University

24lover

• Victorian
  • Trendsetter
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2011, 11:19:47 am »
I'm planning on writing a persuasive essay for an Encountering Conflict context piece. What would I need to put in my Statement of Intention? I know I need Form, Language, Audience, Purpose and Context, but I would really like to know specifically what I need to put in it. Any help will be appreciated :)

I don't really understand where you're coming from...since FLAPC is what you need to put in?
But if you mean in more detail than:
Form - why you chose to write in an persuasive essay format. eg/ to persuade people to agree with your view point etc.
Language - why you chose particular words or phrases. eg/ used repetition, rhetorical questions, metaphors in order to persuade
Audience - who is your audience and why did you choose that audience. eg/ people dealing with conflict, VCE students, etc.
Purpose - WHY you wrote this piece (in my opinion this is the most important) eg/ to try and explain whatever your contention is eg/ if your topic is 'everyone grows from conflict' and you disagree, you'd write down why you disagreed and give a brief explanation.
Context - what is your piece about? eg/ encountering conflict - here you'd just explore in a little more detail about why not everyone grows from conflict because people have different reactions, responses, situations etc.

hope that helps?
Lisa Tran
10+ years English tutor | I've helped thousands of students achieve their English goals, including many with 40+ study scores.

Founder of Lisa's Study Guides!

MeLucky

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2011, 09:45:02 pm »
Also remember to make good use of metalanguage :)
Bleh.

mykey

• Victorian
  • Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 01:02:18 am »
It is really important with a statement of intention to not just say what you will do in your context piece, but WHY you will do it. It is all very well to say "I will use irony", but you need to state why irony will be effective, and in your case persuasive.
Good luck!!