Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

May 26, 2024, 08:14:13 am

Author Topic: what's the minimum score I have to get in all my assessments to get a 95+ attar  (Read 1025 times)

Monira

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Hi i wanted to know what are the minimum marks i should get for each subject to get a 95+ attar
The subject that i do are:
English Advanced
PDHPE
Biology
Nursing (Vet course)
Legal Studies
General Maths
« Last Edit: January 30, 2018, 06:15:31 pm by Monira »

Opengangs

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • \(\mathbb{O}_\mathbb{G}\)
  • Respect: +480
Hey, just to let you know, the final ATAR calculation isn't really dependent on the internal marks themselves but rather how you perform in the final HSC. There's a common misconception that if you've screwed up your internal, you've given up on your ATAR but that's not exactly true. :)

But to give you an idea, you can use the Talent 100 ATAR calculator and use the 'Breakdown my ATAR' button or use the reverse calculator from the Matrix calculator. Don't be distraught if it's not as you expected as they're just guidelines, not requirements :)

Potatohater

• Forum Leader
  • All the world's a stage & this is my improvisation
  • Respect: +302
Adding on to the above, internal marks are only important in determining your rank. The ranks are then moderated according to the cohort performance in the HSC. Ever heard the saying "the better we all do, the better we all do"? (Dunno if it's just my school that say that) well basically the stronger the cohort is, the better you will all perform in the end, regardless of raw internal marks and rankings.

Long story short, there is no "minimum internal assesment mark" needed for a certain ATAR, the calculation is more complicated and fair than that, so just do your absolute best and try and rank as highly as you can
HSC 2017: Advanced English [85] General Maths [92] Biology [96] Geography [92] Drama [86]

2018: Bachelor of Arts and Advanced Studies at University of Sydney

-- need a tutor for any of the subjects listed above?? I reckon I'm the girl! Just message me on ATAR notes or here--

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Will just throw this guide here to maybe elaborate on some of PH's points above ^ ;D